Fred Smith predicts gloom and doom

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 13
Go to
Quote: What makes you think this?
Look at his prev posts...he is prob not a pilot.
So is the class postponements just a rumor or is this fact? Anyone on here have a class and get it pulled, did they tell you when to expect one?
Quote: So is the class postponements just a rumor or is this fact? Anyone on here have a class and get it pulled, did they tell you when to expect one?
“You will see pilot hiring taper off fo the next several months as we act to prevent over-staffing and we are further refining the training scheduling of our existing pilot cadre.”

That is all we know. Here is a little secret on the corporate culture at FDX, the Chief Pilot has no advance knowledge when the spigot will be turned off.
Quote: “You will see pilot hiring taper off fo the next several months as we act to prevent over-staffing and we are further refining the training scheduling of our existing pilot cadre.”

That is all we know. Here is a little secret on the corporate culture at FDX, the Chief Pilot has no advance knowledge when the spigot will be turned off.
While I’m not disagreeing with you, the rest of that bulletin says they will let us know the plan in the next few weeks.

Further, the company is fairly optimistic about things for 2021 and beyond assuming no Recession. That of course is the million dollar question. If there is a recession, I highly doubt it will be what we saw 10 years ago.
Quote: While I’m not disagreeing with you, the rest of that bulletin says they will let us know the plan in the next few weeks.

Further, the company is fairly optimistic about things for 2021 and beyond assuming no Recession. That of course is the million dollar question. If there is a recession, I highly doubt it will be what we saw 10 years ago.
I am not spreading doom, just pointing out that the decisions are made by lawyers and accountants and they tell the chief pilot when they are good and ready. Sounds like they have their marching orders, I predict a system bid will be how they let us know the plan.
And don’t forget this statement

“In addition, we are parking the equivalent capacity of seven MD-11 aircraft this fiscal year,”

As stated in another thread we have at least 5 757 already in storage in VCV ( use gate sheet it shows HVY MX but ARD shows they are stored) and many more sitting at out stations and being rotated about every 5 days. One can just look at the block hours(not credit hrs) and see the drop in flying.
I’m afraid to see what the bid packs will look like after peak [emoji15].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wonder when the MEC then ALPA is going to come out with communications saying they were not consulted. Typical bull**** blame game. MEC did a fantastic job dividing the pilot group for the the company. I am sure we will se the great chuck dyer at our negotiating table rather than a lawyer who $h1t is together. But heh top notch dinners, high class hotels, first class tickets are expensive. Depleting a war chest from 8 million dollars to just under a million dollars takes a lot of work.
http://static.politico.com/b1/9b/97ad537a4b44b8d49364de4a2e49/tennessee-union-lawsuit.pdf
Quote: Wonder when the MEC then ALPA is going to come out with communications saying they were not consulted. Typical bull**** blame game. MEC did a fantastic job dividing the pilot group for the the company. I am sure we will se the great chuck dyer at our negotiating table rather than a lawyer who $h1t is together. But heh top notch dinners, high class hotels, first class tickets are expensive. Depleting a war chest from 8 million dollars to just under a million dollars takes a lot of work.
http://static.politico.com/b1/9b/97ad537a4b44b8d49364de4a2e49/tennessee-union-lawsuit.pdf
Well I’m positive spreading decent and pitting the pilot group against the union will definitely work out in our favor. We are our own worst enemy.
Quote: Well I’m positive spreading decent and pitting the pilot group against the union will definitely work out in our favor. We are our own worst enemy.
Why is it that every time one speak out against the wrong the union does past and present, some are quick to call it out as spreading decent however, they are not as fast to call out the union on their divisive decisions?
Remember we are still bringing on line a new 767 every 5 weeks. The 767 were supposed to replace the MD10 flying. So parking the MD10 is nothing new. Just following the original plan and not delaying.

Also the domestic market is strong. So does not make to much sense we are cutting back that much. International is what is struggling. Once the trade war gets resolved things should pick back up.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 13
Go to