Aviate

Subscribe
6  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 16 of 16
Go to
Quote: I’ll start. Are we going to lose half of our current captains under the new update Aviate in the next four month?
I certainly hope so for the sake of my friends that are still there waiting for a class date.
Question I have is the vax still a thing....
Did anyone attend the virtual meeting thing last night? I forgot about it until just now. Oops.
Quote: Did anyone attend the virtual meeting thing last night? I forgot about it until just now. Oops.
I guess I got my answer.
Quote: I guess I got my answer.
I'm not at AW, at another aviate partner. But nothing special. Just reiterating the new updates, thats all.
Would leaving AW as an opt-in person be a mistake at this point? I have an offer from an LCC that I'm really tempted to take while the getting is good, but I'm somewhat worried about missing out *if* the flow starts to pick up once the United flying is done. FWIW, I'm fresh to the 121 world with ~1600TT and only have about 100 hours of 121 time so far, so until now I've been operating on the assumption I'd be here for at least a couple years before anything came from Aviate and who knows what hiring would be like by that point. Hence the temptation to move on ASAP while I can.
Quote: Would leaving AW as an opt-in person be a mistake at this point? I have an offer from an LCC that I'm really tempted to take while the getting is good, but I'm somewhat worried about missing out *if* the flow starts to pick up once the United flying is done. FWIW, I'm fresh to the 121 world with ~1600TT and only have about 100 hours of 121 time so far, so until now I've been operating on the assumption I'd be here for at least a couple years before anything came from Aviate and who knows what hiring would be like by that point. Hence the temptation to move on ASAP while I can.
Sounds like even if the flow picked up, it would take you awhile. Go to the LCC and keep your legacy apps updated.
Quote: Sounds like even if the flow picked up, it would take you awhile. Go to the LCC and keep your legacy apps updated.
I agree with this advice. Aviate is by no means a guaranteed job with United. It may be the easiest path because of no interview but it may not be the quickest path. You’ve already been hired by a regional and have a job offer at a LCC so it seems like the interview part won’t be an issue as long as you keep your training and discipline records clean. Take the LCC job and keep your apps at your dream jobs very updated and you’ll probably be fine.
6  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 16 of 16
Go to