Share Your Typical AA Schedule

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 18
Go to
Quote: The schedule itself is not the issue for me. The (in) ability to drop with all this red, redder crap is what bothers me.
Man, that’s the truth. I have a 4 day worth 21 hours on the 21st. I want to trade it for a 3 day LHR worth 22 hours and change. No can do, it’s sitting on the red/ redder list. Also tried the same scenario for a trip on the 28th for one this Saturday. I can understand that dropping or trading a sequence on a holiday is impossible but when something you are picking up has more credit you should be able to trade.

The company wants to know why sick calls are up? It’s because of schedule inflexibility. And old dudes with a boatload of sick bank burning it because the company will give them pennies on the dollar when they retire shortly.
I'll answer the question.

55% domestic narrow-body FO. I'm a commuter and prefer long work blocks. I can usually hold the days off that I want, as long as they're not all weekends. I prioritize the co-terminal that I like and avoid red-eyes at all costs. I like two legs a day, but occasionally fly three. Never four.

October: Scheduled for 14 days, worked 13, earned 80 hours of credit
November: Scheduled 13 days + 3 vacation days, traded down to 12, scheduled for 76 hours
Get layer 5-N award in PBS due to coverage dates, so pilots junior get the days off or trips you wanted. Then spend the weeks leading up to the un-commutable, max duty day, minimum rest trips (thanks ACD!) trying to swap. But even though there is barely any open time, your trips will be redder than red. When you finally get a TTS/TTOT trade (or a trip you picked in PBS)- it really doesn’t matter because you will more than likely get reassigned at least once per 4-day trip if you transition a hub.

Not sure how to post a screenshot of that.

-any seat except group 3 or 4

But don’t worry because AA has a lot of retirements!
I’ve been here less than 2 years. bidding 20% 190. always get layer 1 or 2. 16-18 days off. Work Mon-thursday then tuesday-fri then wed-sat. Usually always have 1 or two trips go green so I’ve had great luck dropping and picking up open time out of dc. (paid to stay home a day) Never have done a red eye. never had to fatigue out. My 4 days always end at 7am day 4, I bid 1 leg last day. 85-100 hours of credit at G2 FO pay. I’ve enjoyed a very special niche in the system. I’ll be living the previous posters life in february.

Couple of months I needed a break so I bid short call. at seniority was able to get the 1700 rap and manipulate the Raps to avoid work. in August I worked 3 days all turns went 6 weeks without spending a night in a hotel.
CLT/320/FO about 75 percentile. I was “awarded” a line with 2 4days, and 3 3day trips, zero red eyes....as of today I am flying 4 2day trips, 1 4day, and 1 3day....the 1 4day I still have ends on thanksgiving day so probably won’t be able to do much with it. Originally had two weekend days off, now have four.
Quote: CLT/320/FO about 75 percentile. I was “awarded” a line with 2 4days, and 3 3day trips, zero red eyes....as of today I am flying 4 2day trips, 1 4day, and 1 3day....the 1 4day I still have ends on thanksgiving day so probably won’t be able to do much with it. Originally had two weekend days off, now have four.
Sshhh. Dont let the secret out. Let the laZy people think it cant be done.
FO Short Call Reserve on the E190 somewhere south of 50%.

20-25 days off a month on average. Work 30-40 hrs per month. Live in base. Get weekends off. Usually on call Mon - Thurs or Tues - Fri. Can't complain.
How long to hold long call reserve PHL 190?
Quote: FO Short Call Reserve on the E190 somewhere south of 50%.

20-25 days off a month on average. Work 30-40 hrs per month. Live in base. Get weekends off. Usually on call Mon - Thurs or Tues - Fri. Can't complain.
You work 5-10 days a month? How many days are you sitting next to the phone?

By your measure, I get 30 days off every month I bid reserve.
Quote: You work 5-10 days a month? How many days are you sitting next to the phone?

By your measure, I get 30 days off every month I bid reserve.
Well a 190 fo who bids 100% SC just dequaled due to landings expiring. 190 rsvs don’t work. I’d say 80% finish the month w less than 15. The others get a 4 day for a sick call. All open gets nabbed for makeup cause we are making 10.30 to do a bos-lga or dca-lga. Less than 45 min of flight for 10.30. Great deal for new guys.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 18
Go to