Flight 4439

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 12 of 13
Go to
Quote: Wow, that’s some great insight there Chuck Yeager.
we were talking about experience and the "unfair", for some, reputation that regional pilots are less experienced, have less hours, more Part 121 noobs than crews at the major. Some got butt hurt by those assumption, but if TT and accumulated experience is a measuring point, why even argue. If not, why would we need to come here to build up time to then move to Spirit or JetBlue and others. Fact.
Quote: we were talking about experience and the "unfair", for some, reputation that regional pilots are less experienced, have less hours, more Part 121 noobs than crews at the major. Some got butt hurt by those assumption, but if TT and accumulated experience is a measuring point, why even argue. If not, why would we need to come here to build up time to then move to Spirit or JetBlue and others. Fact.
Great topic. Wrong thread. Polite suggestion? Start another thread on THIS topic?

On another note, Investigation continues.

LH
After the memo we got today, I assume that the full fleet will be inspected.
Quote: After the memo we got today, I assume that the full fleet will be inspected.
So what happened?
Flight 4439
Quote: so what happened?

. .
Quote: . .
What needs to be inspected?
For sure all frames will surely be inspected. Pitch control is completely FBW after all, I don't understand why so much human strength needed on the controls in that situation.
Quote: For sure all frames will surely be inspected. Pitch control is completely FBW after all, I don't understand why so much human strength needed on the controls in that situation.
Because the horizontal stabilizer moved...
Quote: Because the horizontal stabilizer moved...

The pitch trim physically moves the HS, idk why people are arguing about artificial feel on this. Lack of understanding how the system works I suppose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For those that fly 175s for other airlines, do any Rebublic guys have any technical explaination for what happened here? Initially the crew stated they had a trim malfunction. These aircraft are certified to allow the crew to physically overpower a full trim deflection. Hard, but controllable. In this case the crew was completely unable to stop the climb. That to me is a completely different animal. Just wondering if the company determined the cause. Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to post publicly.
2  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 12 of 13
Go to