Does AFA Vote Hurts DALPA Negotiations?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 21
Go to
Quote: This conversation has taken a complete 360...
Don’t you mean a.........awww forget it. The Germans did bomb Pearl Harbor.
If they unionize, will it go DOH or relative via cat ownership?
Based on past AFA drives at DAL, there seems to be a problem with the AFA dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's on the paperwork. I'd expect much the same this time around.

I'd say a successful AFA drive at DAL is 30% likely, and that's being generous.

Anti-union sentiment at private companies is well embedded in the current cultural zeitgeist. FWIW.
The only other union on property just ratified their contract...just saying. Seems to have had no effect on the negotiations so far.
Quote: Who would have even thought of pilots piggybacking on flight attendants huh?
I'm sorry, what are we talking about again?
Quote: I'm sorry, what are we talking about again?
Pilots piggybacking on flight attendants...
Quote: The only other union on property just ratified their contract...just saying. Seems to have had no effect on the negotiations so far.
Are you taking about the dispatchers? And aren’t there only 16-19 of them? You could double their annual salary and it would be budget dust in the overall scheme of Delta’s total budget.

You double the salary of 14,500+ pilots....bigger impact on the budget.

Not an exact comparison in my opinion.
Quote: Are you taking about the dispatchers? And aren’t there only 16-19 of them? You could double their annual salary and it would be budget dust in the overall scheme of Delta’s total budget.

You double the salary of 14,500+ pilots....bigger impact on the budget.

Not an exact comparison in my opinion.
400+ actually and no, its not a direct comparison by any means. I was drawing a comparison to the FA's, that's what we're talking about, right? Still not a pound for pound but the larger bugaboo in the in eyes of the company is the ammunition a ratified contract and the resultant gains therefrom gives the non-conn's who are trying to organize.

I might also suggest that you take a look at what they just ratified. Across 400+? Far from "dust"...
How can we take a look at what they ratified?
Quote: How can we take a look at what they ratified?
Ask your rep. PAFCA and ALPA have a pretty good relationship at the organizational level, I'm sure it can be arranged. Alternatively, ask them.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 21
Go to