Is it about time to make an offer to spirit?

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 15 of 16
Go to
Quote: The rumor was the airport authorities required it just in case... who knows.
In BWI only...
Quote: In BWI only...
bwi only required it?
I think the one in HOU is bigger than needed and the one in DEN will be also
Quote: bwi only required it?
I think the one in HOU is bigger than needed and the one in DEN will be also
I heard that BWI is/was the only place that required it to be a certain size.
Quote: I heard that BWI is/was the only place that required it to be a certain size.
that's what I thought you were saying. No worries go big or go home I say
Quote: If HAL can’t survive on their own, then I don’t see anyone coming in.
HAL is good at what they do....but there really isn't any barriers stopping any airline from doing what they do if it were actually profitable by a decent margin. HAL deals in the razor thin "vacation" markets with minimal business travel so it runs counter to what most majors in the lower 48 are trying to accomplish.
The main "bonus" to any airline that bought HAL would be a fleet of rather new WB aircraft that ostensibly would be acquired at a discount if there is a world wide travel slowdown and the vacation market dries up quickly.
Quote: HAL is good at what they do....but there really isn't any barriers stopping any airline from doing what they do if it were actually profitable by a decent margin. HAL deals in the razor thin "vacation" markets with minimal business travel so it runs counter to what most majors in the lower 48 are trying to accomplish.
The main "bonus" to any airline that bought HAL would be a fleet of rather new WB aircraft that ostensibly would be acquired at a discount if there is a world wide travel slowdown and the vacation market dries up quickly.
Totally agree. Aggressive organic growth to fill the void would be cheaper than buying the airline on the ropes. HAL fate would likely be similar to Aloha if it couldn’t compete on its own. That said, Hawaiian is weathering competition as well as it can hope not to mention is less vulnerable to recession and could actually gain market share since the big 3 usually trim back underperforming Hawaii routes. Seems like HAL merger rumors are propagated by commuters in-house or crews of narrow-body carriers that want to fly bigger equipment. .
I believe it’s all about real estate. B6 comes in with a lot... JFK terminal and slots along with BOS slots just to say a few. What does NK or F9 or even HAL have to offer? Just sayin
Quote: I believe it’s all about real estate. B6 comes in with a lot... JFK terminal and slots along with BOS slots just to say a few. What does NK or F9 or even HAL have to offer? Just sayin
NK and F9 have orders. F9 especially has a new fleet with very few old CEO's left. $$$ maker...
Quote: NK and F9 have orders. F9 especially has a new fleet with very few old CEO's left. $$$ maker...

in Gary’s and others own words, SWA buys at a discount and airlines are more expensive than we want to pay right now.
How about Allegiant? Just for the metal. They’ve got a fleet of new and used buses. Paint SWA on the side and start plugging them in to the city pairs where the Max was intended. December 31st Allegiant ceases doing business. January 1st it’s all SWA with a 5 year fence around the Bus to give them time to integrate the operations. Just spitballing here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 15 of 16
Go to