SWA vs AA

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11 
Page 11 of 11
Go to
Quote: 1) What did OP decide?
2) Upgrade at AA is less than 3 years, and wont be surprised if it goes lower. Upgrade time drops are not linear, delta is around 2 years now. What is SWA at?
Cool, what base and equipment is that 3 year upgrade at AA?
Quote: 10 or so. Data is off because of the Max. Prior to the grounding it was trending down. No new hires til July isn’t helping things any.
Current upgrade time is pretty useless metric right now. It's going to trend down when the MAX comes back. Eventually a bid will come out where we finally get past the big group of 2008-2010 hires and every will be surprised to see a 2014 hire upgrading.

However, if you are chasing a quick upgrade, this isn't the place for you.
Quote: Cool, what base and equipment is that 3 year upgrade at AA?

The east coast version of Oakland lol.
So lets say in an economic downturn AA goes chap 11 and gets 25% cuts in pay and benefits what do you think the other pax carriers CEOs want. Just pick the one you can drive to work. The industry is all tied together.
Quote: So lets say in an economic downturn AA goes chap 11 and gets 25% cuts in pay and benefits what do you think the other pax carriers CEOs want. Just pick the one you can drive to work. The industry is all tied together.
AA is gazillion in debts. That’s a real possibility. But then again recession is no good for anyone.
Quote: I perceive International long haul as less time at home that you're not flying, and wide body as irrelevant. Once your butt is strapped in, they are all pretty much the same from where you sit forward.
my $.02 but having done both I couldn’t disagree more. I found year after year of domestic monotony to be mind numbingly boring. I would take 24 hours in Rio, Madrid, Tokyo etc over just about any US layover. But it all depends on your interests and priorities.
Quote: my $.02 but having done both I couldn’t disagree more. I found year after year of domestic monotony to be mind numbingly boring. I would take 24 hours in Rio, Madrid, Tokyo etc over just about any US layover. But it all depends on your interests and priorities.
You very well may be correct. But... after Korea, Kosovo, Afghanistan X 3, Bulgaria, Albania, Italy, Kuwait, UK, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Wiesbaden, Iceland, Greenland, Ireland, and anything God Awful Canada.... I will GLADLY take anything America! He!!, even Detroit. I love it here. I have seen enough!
I will go to Cuba again though.....
Quote: You very well may be correct. But... after Korea, Kosovo, Afghanistan X 3, Bulgaria, Albania, Italy, Kuwait, UK, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Wiesbaden, Iceland, Greenland, Ireland, and anything God Awful Canada.... I will GLADLY take anything America! He!!, even Detroit. I love it here. I have seen enough!
I will go to Cuba again though.....
Seconded.

Plus, circadian rhythm disruptions kill you slowly.
It’s also nice not being on the other side of the world with small kids in case one decides they want to visit the ER and you need to get home ASAP.
7  8  9  10  11 
Page 11 of 11
Go to