DAL wins WSJ 2019 best airline for service

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWEwgsKb690
That was neat.

My god though, what happened to American?

After watching that breakdown of different markers, with AA in the lowest/most undesirable tier for so many metrics, I'm half tempted to look at Spirit before looking at American for those rare instances when $$$ must be spent on actual airfare.

Yikes. How, exactly, does DP stay in charge?
Quote: That was neat.

After watching that breakdown of different markers, with AA in the lowest/most undesirable tier for so many metrics, I'm half tempted to look at Spirit before looking at American for those rare instances when $$$ must be spent on actual airfare.

Blames it on unions and weather and the Max grounding.
Quote: Blames it on unions and weather and the Max grounding.
Well we blame it on the weather too...the unprecedented summer weather, that is always precedented.

it’s quite simple really. 2019’s terrible operating performance is a direct result of toxic relations with AA mechanics. So to fix the problem in 2020, Mr. Parker decided to add pilots and flight attendants to that list as well, bringing the total of AA employees currently in contract negotiations to over 85,000. Yup 2020 is going to be fun to watch. Congrats to Delta. They couldn’t ask for a better competitor.
Better slap another self-congratulatory sticker next to the boarding door.

Well, here's one example:

American's business class seating on some A321s doesn't have any seatback video - you need to bring your own iPad or whatever, and put it in that empty space. I kid you not...

While not everyone watches the screen, if I was paying the $$$ for the seat, I'd really like to have the option - especially when many Delta planes have it in business class, and coach - in every seat.

Have you ever actually ridden in coach on Spirit?
Quote: Well we blame it on the weather too...the unprecedented summer weather, that is always precedented.
Rofl! I think we have some nasty gumm stuck to our shoes. That has exacerbated the already mounting staffing problems. One cound say the operation was gummed up. ;-D

Quote: Have you ever actually ridden in coach on Spirit?
The fact that you say spirit has a coach class says all I to know...considering they dont have a "coach" class as they are a single class configuration (high density is the technical term) airline... this comes from personal experience working for a ULCC. For the record I'd much rather fly on a ULCC because at least I get what I paid for unlike at AA...
Quote: Rofl! I think we have some nasty gumm stuck to our shoes. That has exacerbated the already mounting staffing problems. One cound say the operation was gummed up. ;-D

The fact that you say spirit has a coach class says all I to know...considering they dont have a "coach" class as they are a single class configuration (high density is the technical term) airline... this comes from personal experience working for a ULCC. For the record I'd much rather fly on a ULCC because at least I get what I paid for unlike at AA...
Doesn't spirit have a section of quasi first class seats just with no extra service? I know it's at least extra legroom.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to