Atlas 767 CA move to Spirit

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Quote: Current 767 CA

Live in Orlando area. Not moving have house and property here. Looking at Spirit to improve QOL and drive to work. Growth and Contract look appealing.

Pros vs Cons
come on over. You won’t regret it. Airbus is awesomer too. Never thought I’d say that.
Former Evergreen 747 driver. Upgrade is going down to 2 years. Once in the left seat at our pay scales, you won’t regret it.

Next contract even more pay. Quality of life can’t be beat. Management is extremely supportive and friendly.

Best career move I’ve made. My 401K just keeps getting bigger faster than I could have imagined.

I know it sounds terrible. Maybe hold out for A legacy.
Quote: Former Evergreen 747 driver. Upgrade is going down to 2 years. Once in the left seat at our pay scales, you won’t regret it.

Next contract even more pay. Quality of life can’t be beat. Management is extremely supportive and friendly.

Best career move I’ve made. My 401K just keeps getting bigger faster than I could have imagined.

I know it sounds terrible. Maybe hold out for A legacy.
2 year upgrades? Curious how you came up with that...seems to be pretty steady at 3 years.
Number of planes being delivery and the amount of Captains we will need. Right now, 3 year up grade. As deliveries increase it will go down to 2 years.

Timing is everything. Overall 2-3 years isn’t bad.
Quote: Number of planes being delivery and the amount of Captains we will need. Right now, 3 year up grade. As deliveries increase it will go down to 2 years.

Timing is everything. Overall 2-3 years isn’t bad.

I Just flew with a captain who was at 2 years 7 months. He just finished OE in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
With the airbus supply chain issues and deliveries being pushed out I imagine 3 year upgrades will continue.
My upgrade class in November ranged from 3 years 6 months to 2 years 7 months. I would expect it to stay slightly under 3 for a while still.
That’s the upgrade time right now. With the planned airframe order of 300, I think it would be very rare for anyone getting hired now to upgrade in 3 years. If you were to run the numbers it seems as though we utilize 14 crew per plane. With 300 planes that’s 4200 pilots total. Figure half are captains, 2100 would be the needed seniority number to upgrade here. And we already have more than that on property. Again, those are just my estimates but I’d be cautious with the 2-3 year upgrade with new hires. And we have very few retirees. But it is a great place to work even as an FO.
we don't use 14 crews per plane. more like 17
17 x 300 = 5100. 2550 captains. Ie everyone on property April 2020. Woohoo
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to