Junior Base?

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 31
Go to
Quote: Lol Mid-late 2019 hire... still can't hold a base that's not LAX or OAK...

That does suck, I am sure new hires will get any base they want within 3-5 months .
Timing is everything .
Quote: That does suck, I am sure new hires will get any base they want within 3-5 months .
Timing is everything .
lol can't even get OAK!!! No movement at all lol!
You all think Southwest will add or subtract any pilot base(s) in 2022? Where?
Quote: You all think Southwest will add or subtract any pilot base(s) in 2022? Where?

Rumors would point to a next base in FLL or STL. I don’t know about 2022 though.
Quote: Rumors would point to a next base in FLL or STL. I don’t know about 2022 though.

Rumors I've heard over the last 8 years. BNA, MCI, FLL, STL, TPA, HNL and they're closing OAK any day now. Plus virtual domiciles.

Also in the category of rumors that were proved to be wrong, they'll never open another California domicile and they'll never offer a B fund.
I keep hearing that Denver is going to double in size, and that MCI or STL will be the next domiciles due to capacity at MDW.

BNA has always been the domicile unicorn at several airlines.

If anything, I expect PHX to go ETOPS in 2022.
Quote: I keep hearing that Denver is going to double in size, and that MCI or STL will be the next domiciles due to capacity at MDW.
Both MCI and STL have capacity and are Southwest strongholds. Cost of living in both are very good.
Quote: I keep hearing that Denver is going to double in size, and that MCI or STL will be the next domiciles due to capacity at MDW.

BNA has always been the domicile unicorn at several airlines.

If anything, I expect PHX to go ETOPS in 2022.
phx was already supposed to go ETOPS but they couldnt get it right. Probably the highest concentration of pilots who have never flown international.
rumor in STL is we were supposed to get all the gates around the horseshoe over to AA gates. I'd be very surprised if STL didnt become a base.
Company said two yrs ago no more bases in FL because of hurricanes.
DEN will be biggest base soon.
A HNL base makes sense as they want to dominate the Hawaiian market. Plus it will be a good jumping off point for our far east flying when the 787 show up
Quote: Plus it will be a good jumping off point for our far east flying when the 787 show up
Quote: A HNL base makes sense as they want to dominate the Hawaiian market. Plus it will be a good jumping off point for our far east flying when the 787 show up
If we have 787s we will be flying them to the far east from DEN...we go everywhere else from there.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 31
Go to