Book recommendations

Subscribe
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  33 
Page 23 of 39
Go to
Quote: Damn, I just cancelled my AppleTV subscription after the end of Ted Lasso’s second season. I’m trying not to oversubscribed to all these subscription services. I already pay too much for cable and can’t get my wife to agree to Hulu+ and the fire stick.

She only watches ABC, HGTV, and Bravo, but she won’t let me cut the cable. I haven’t given up yet but I’m losing the battle so far.
Fubo might have what you're looking for, and allow you to cut the cord.

A5S
"The Real Anthony Fauci" by RFK Jr

Great book well researched and tons of citations. Pays to know your enemy.
Quote: For good reason - that stuff is nasty and marketed as Heart Healty which is totally bogus. The drug makers ( see post 195 above) got nothing on the food industry when it comes to putting profits over health.

Just released a couple of months ago is: Metabolical by Robert Lustig. If you want to become knowledgeable about nutrition related health issues check it out:

Scoop

Metabolical
Another excellent recommendation! Keep them coming.
"The Power Of The Dog" Trilogy by Don Winslow. One of the most intense books I have read. Makes you rethink the war on drugs.

"Islamic Fascism" by Hamed Adbel-Samad. Written by an Islamic scholar who studied at the American University in Cairo. Debunks a lot of myths that are hijacked by fundamentalists and extremists. Makes you think about religion in general.

If you need something for the better half:
"The Murmur of Bees" by Sofia Segovia
"Tell Me Who I Am" by Julia Navarro
Generation kill by Evan wright

Great look into usmc day to day grunt life in the 2003 initial invasion of Iraq. The mini series on hbo is good too.
“Skunk works” by Ben Rich

“Sea Stories” by Adm Mcraven

“Riding Rockets” by Mike Mullane (Hilarious)

“Blind man’s bluff” by Sherry Sontag and Chris Drew
Quote: Generation kill by Evan wright

Great look into usmc day to day grunt life in the 2003 initial invasion of Iraq. The mini series on hbo is good too.

One Bullet Away by Nate Fick is a great complement to Generation Kill.
I love this thread.

Short, pithy, to the point, and proves that [some] pilots are actually interested in reading something longer than 500 words. At least a half dozen books picked up and read based on postings here; I'd get more, but life is short, I've my own mountain of books to read.

I'll bump it every 3 months forever unless the mods close it.

As you were.
The Real Anthony Fauci by Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
Agreed, great thread! Here are three I just finished:

The Afghanistan Papers by Craig Whitlock. Newly released candid histories/lessons learned interviews from military/political “leaders” throughout 20 year war in AFGH.

The Plague Cycle by Charles Kenny. History of pandemics throughout the ages. Loved the narrative about Napoleon’s army struggling with typhoid during retreat from Russia.

Cheated by Andy Martino. Investigative report on 2017 Astros sign stealing scandal.
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  33 
Page 23 of 39
Go to