Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 37
Go to
Quote: Domino?? Is that you?
Well... He's right...
Quote: Well... He's right...
There you go, let it all out.
Quote: I searched the cares act law and couldn’t find any part requiring 60 days or a WARN notice for all if we took the bail out or tied to CARES. I could be wrong here, but I think the WARN act, that was rammed into law through Ronald Reagan’s admin veto in 1988 applies. If it applies on its own accord then <500 or <1/3 of the work force (whichever is less) may be laid off without a 60 day (WARN) notice. The penalty I believe for not complying is simply those affected by noncompliance are to continue receiving a paycheck for 60 days.

I could have missed something in my search of the CARES Act. The other thing I found about the WARN law is that it is not to be used as flippantly as we all here assumed all airlines were going to send them out to cya.

That said I do think they will employ WARN notices if they do furlough, I was simply bringing up that I don’t think they must issue WARN notices if they comply with the WARN Law.
Helpful. Thank you.
The company is covering health insurance and we receive 10 hours/pay period. With the above being true they don’t have to do it. But they do. I get it’s mostly a business decision- but still thankful and fortunate I signed on with this company.

My story isn’t much different then the XJT trainee featured in the NYT article couple weeks back. Except.....
Quote: Domino?? Is that you?
nope. Not me. My thoughts remain as before. As the majors cut back to the bone, expect the same. We are seeing regionals go out of existence. Skywest will furlough. No doubt. Maybe a short year or two roll back, but it’s coming and it’s coming fast to the bottom 20% to start. It a vaccine fails to materialize, it will continue to gut the bottom of the airline and where it stops just depends on when the collapse of the industry slows.
Quote: nope. Not me. My thoughts remain as before. As the majors cut back to the bone, expect the same. We are seeing regionals go out of existence. Skywest will furlough. No doubt. Maybe a short year or two roll back, but it’s coming and it’s coming fast to the bottom 20% to start. It a vaccine fails to materialize, it will continue to gut the bottom of the airline and where it stops just depends on when the collapse of the industry slows.

You're welcome to resign to join your fellow furloughee's

*encouraged
Quote: You're welcome to resign to join your fellow furloughee's

*encouraged
I’ll be furloughed. In the bottom 20% flying the 175. As those planes get parked, I’ll be gone. Probably go back to instructing until recall in 3 or 4 years when things start to recover
Buddy thinks they didn’t send warn notices yet because they need the junior ERJ pilots it would affect. As in notices will go out after a few ERJ transition classes start. Plausible but doesn’t square with keeping new hires on reduced pay.
Quote: Buddy thinks they didn’t send warn notices yet because they need the junior ERJ pilots it would affect. As in notices will go out after a few ERJ transition classes start. Plausible but doesn’t square with keeping new hires on reduced pay.
Or they don’t plan to do so for the next few months until they know what next summer looks like, as they said on the earnings call.
I honestly don't think we will see pilot furloughs here. My guess is that they will do everything they can to avoid furloughs in the pilot group. Just my opinion though of course.
They haven't even offered up longer 6+ month LOAs yet. I think they'd do that before furloughs.
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 37
Go to