Overstaffed...

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 37
Go to
Quote: TTG’s most recent email sounds like the fat is about to be cut.
In his own words he said to "reduce costs", that should benefit all of us and encourage pilots who want time off to take it.
Quote: This virus sure has brought out the drama queens. Skywest applied for and is going to take the grant money. One of the conditions of the grant money is that they can’t furlough until October 1. Jobs are going to be safe here until at least then.
I sure agree with you. A 100-year pandemic in a presidential election year.... you can’t make it up. There IS a ton of people on unemployment making more then they did working. Dollars are really flowing. Too bad my grandson has to pay the bill.

(that was a correct double-o-“too”, wasn’t it?)
I read it more as a reminder that your time off will be approved if you want it. Anything they can do to reduce overhead will help us long term. We can’t just hemorrhage cash for no reason.
Quote: I read it more as a reminder that your time off will be approved if you want it. Anything they can do to reduce overhead will help us long term. We can’t just hemorrhage cash for no reason.
Agreed. People tend to forget that you have to bring in more money than you send out, otherwise it causes major issues in a hurry.
I took the Time Off but I would be happy with this option if I was sitting reserve. Seems proactive by management.
CC’s letter this morning is another indication of things to come. It’s not a SKW problem, but an industry problem, a global economic problem. The writing is on the wall.

This pandemic/pestilence will, according to the UN, will lead to famine...
Quote: CC’s letter this morning is another indication of things to come. It’s not a SKW problem, but an industry problem, a global economic problem. The writing is on the wall.

This pandemic/pestilence will, according to the UN, will lead to famine...
Jesus man you should go hang out with RayRay in the 9E forum. The UN said it could lead to famine in un developed nations because the developed nations that take care of these country’s can’t spare the resources and are pre occupied at the moment with there own China made dumpster fire. And don’t get me wrong famine anywhere is a tragic thing but life as we know it being able to go to the store and get whatever we need will continue.

I appreciated the straight numbers.
Will Skywest be able to service the notes on all the owner aircraft? The CARES act only supplies money for employee compensation, not operating expenses.

Are the 110 new hires being brought back on to or are they still furloughed?
Quote: Will Skywest be able to service the notes on all the owner aircraft? The CARES act only supplies money for employee compensation, not operating expenses.

Are the 110 new hires being brought back on to or are they still furloughed?
Since the new hires were offered voluntary paid leave they are not "considered" furloughed...
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 37
Go to