Furlough estimate

Subscribe
7  47  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  67  107  157 
Page 57 of 195
Go to
Quote: https://ir.united.com/events/event-d...als-conference

Nocella on this.

That was 10 times more enlightening than the companywide town halls. Both have consisted of fifth grade level canned answers to stupid preselected employee questions....complete waste of time.
Quote: ok, that's bad. I didn't see them getting that deep on the first furlough.
Sorry in advance... I am showing my ignorance. Can you explain why this equates to deep furloughs? Is it because they are trying to give more of our routes to RJs?
Quote: That was 10 times more enlightening than the companywide town halls. Both have consisted of fifth grade level canned answers to stupid preselected employee questions....complete waste of time.
The town halls are scripted crap. They have already answered the questions they are going to answer long before they hit the record button.

Lee
Quote: Sorry in advance... I am showing my ignorance. Can you explain why this equates to deep furloughs? Is it because they are trying to give more of our routes to RJs?
It’s because it signals they’re prepared to furlough through the 2300-ish pilots hired after the date (1/23/16) that triggers the clause to require seats to be pulled from the 76-seaters.
Quote: It’s because it signals they’re prepared to furlough through the 2300-ish pilots hired after the date (1/23/16) that triggers the clause to require seats to be pulled from the 76 seaters.
I see...thank you for explaining. Yes, that sounds bad.
Quote: I see...thank you for explaining. Yes, that sounds bad.
I found the reference 1-C-1-H. Thank you, again for clarifying.

Incidentally, in another clause (1-I-1) anyone hired after 23 Jan16 is not entitled to 90 days notice if furloughed. I was hoping the company would be more transparent. After all, O.M. said we are “family “.
Quote: That was 10 times more enlightening than the companywide town halls. Both have consisted of fifth grade level canned answers to stupid preselected employee questions....complete waste of time.
There's always a difference between how a company talks to employees versus how they talk to shareholders.
Quote: It’s because it signals they’re prepared to furlough through the 2300-ish pilots hired after the date (1/23/16) that triggers the clause to require seats to be pulled from the 76-seaters.
i thought it was deeper than 2300 or so
Quote: i thought it was deeper than 2300 or so
That’s about the number to 01/23/2016. The problem is they aren’t going to take the seats out and only furlough a little past that date. If they pull the seats, they’re planning on going way past 01/23/2016.
2300 is pretty close. I keep a close eye since I’m within 200 or so of it! Like everything else in aviation, believe it when your bottom is in the seat. I would have preferred an answer of “nope, don’t think we’ll need to take seats out” but worst case planning should include furloughing that deep I suppose. As of now I can still hope it’s just a what if plan - I’ll be much more worried when/if the first seats start getting pulled.
7  47  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  67  107  157 
Page 57 of 195
Go to