Positive news thread

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  22 
Page 12 of 28
Go to
Quote: No, the only number we know is the 12 Embraer FO they're hiring this year
From existing pool, not from this hiring window is my understanding.
Any way you slice it, that would be some good news.

Maybe for flying next summer?
Quote: From existing pool, not from this hiring window is my understanding.
Yeah, I was given a COJ back in February and am in the Nov. 30th class.
Any idea how many Horizon is looking to hire and if it is only into a pool or are the pilots needed now? Are they looking at ATPs only? Thanks in advance if anyone has accurate information out there!
Quote: Any idea how many Horizon is looking to hire and if it is only into a pool or are the pilots needed now? Are they looking at ATPs only? Thanks in advance if anyone has accurate information out there!

I have no direct information but my understanding is pool for 2021. They have small classes this month for 12 total that is already filled from existing pool.

No idea on numbers. A guess would be already having type in e175 with prior 121 experience would be preferred but this is just speculation. Gone are the days of getting an atp paid for with the exception of those in the horizon pathway program. Sounds like they still will get offers if they have the time

I have an e175 type rating and atp , will feel very lucky to get an interview.
Quote: I have no direct information but my understanding is pool for 2021. They have small classes this month for 12 total that is already filled from existing pool.

No idea on numbers. A guess would be already having type in e175 with prior 121 experience would be preferred but this is just speculation. Gone are the days of getting an atp paid for with the exception of those in the horizon pathway program. Sounds like they still will get offers if they have the time

I have an e175 type rating and atp , will feel very lucky to get an interview.
Agree, my guess is its folks with ATP/Type ratings. I have a CL-65 rating with ATP and I'll feel lucky if I can get an interview.
Quote:
Gone are the days of getting an atp paid for with the exception of those in the horizon pathway program.
Other than ATP/CTP course, the training beyond that is the same regardless if you have ATP or not was my understanding. If the final ride is the same, getting the ATP at the end is just filling out some additional papers.

But I agree that airlines will not likely be paying for the CTP courses anymore.

Good luck to all folks who applied!
Quote: Other than ATP/CTP course, the training beyond that is the same regardless if you have ATP or not was my understanding. If the final ride is the same, getting the ATP at the end is just filling out some additional papers.

But I agree that airlines will not likely be paying for the CTP courses anymore.

Good luck to all folks who applied!
Yes, new hire training and checkride (PC or AQP) will give you an ATP either way.

The difference is who pays for the CTP course... it's going to be the applicant for the foreseeable future.
Just checking in. Has anyone that applied during the recent window heard anything one way or the other? Thanks
Quote: Just checking in. Has anyone that applied during the recent window heard anything one way or the other? Thanks
No word here yet
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  22 
Page 12 of 28
Go to