Positive news thread

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 28
Go to
Quote: News Flash: Horizon finally catches up with the rest of the universe. Yes, our Flight Ops Manual now allows pilots to have visible tattoos (with some restrictions). I have zero interest in getting a tattoo myself, but I think the change is long overdue.
Having a tattoo smaller then your ID is like people with Chihuahuas saying they are dog owners. Does it really count?
Quote: Having a tattoo smaller then your ID is like people with Chihuahuas saying they are dog owners. Does it really count?
For Lays potato chips, no one can eat just one. With tattoos no one can have just one. Like FA with cats...just sayin’.
Speaking of FAs... anyone have an email address for an FA recruiter? My fiancé is trying real hard to get on with QX after being laid off. Figured it was worth a shot. Blue skies!
12 new hires this year. Who would have thought
Quote: 12 new hires this year. Who would have thought
Impressive!
Training Class Dates
I was offered a conditional offer back in February 2020. Obviously because of Covid, class dates came to a halt. I just heard this morning from Horizon and received a survey to complete with update hours and if I was interested in a class date in Q1 of 2021. So I guess that is good news. However, signing bonuses are now off the table.
Quote: I was offered a conditional offer back in February 2020. Obviously because of Covid, class dates came to a halt. I just heard this morning from Horizon and received a survey to complete with update hours and if I was interested in a class date in Q1 of 2021. So I guess that is good news. However, signing bonuses are now off the table.
I didn't hear about the company cancelling sign-in bonuses, but it doesn't surprise me. Even without the bonus, this is a decent place to work. The jet pilots are staying busy, and we've just started service to Alaska out of Seattle on the E175. Do you plan to take the class date if the company makes you an offer?
Quote: I didn't hear about the company cancelling sign-in bonuses, but it doesn't surprise me. Even without the bonus, this is a decent place to work. The jet pilots are staying busy, and we've just started service to Alaska out of Seattle on the E175. Do you plan to take the class date if the company makes you an offer?
The email said "effective immediately" as far as the incentive bonuses. I currently have seniority at my current position but really want to be at Horizon. But don't know how much longer my current airline can go without furloughing or layoffs. So in my mind, if Horizon is planning on bringing classes in in Q1, then they are doing okay and trying to plan for a possibly busy summer 2021. Everything these days seems like a gamble or a risk, but yes, seriously considering a Q1 class date, if offered. Deciding what's best for the family and my career.
Quote: The email said "effective immediately" as far as the incentive bonuses. I currently have seniority at my current position but really want to be at Horizon. But don't know how much longer my current airline can go without furloughing or layoffs. So in my mind, if Horizon is planning on bringing classes in in Q1, then they are doing okay and trying to plan for a possibly busy summer 2021. Everything these days seems like a gamble or a risk, but yes, seriously considering a Q1 class date, if offered. Deciding what's best for the family and my career.
Update. I was called today and was told there were 2 classes in November 2020 and was offered a spot for the November 30 class on the 175. Crazy good news.
Quote: Update. I was called today and was told there were 2 classes in November 2020 and was offered a spot for the November 30 class on the 175. Crazy good news.
Congrats! Do you think it would be worth putting in an application on Airline Apps even though they're not posting positions?
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 28
Go to