PK8303 A320 crash at KHI

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to
Quote: CVR case found but data box missing.
I have a transcript:
پریشانی کی بات نہیں! میں سمجھ گیا! یہ سب اکٹھا ہو رہا ہے۔
English translation from Urdu: "Not to worry! I got this! It's all coming together"
Quote: As far as CRM is concerned or lack thereof I’m curious about the cockpit authority gradient.
In the end they ended up paying with their lives.
http://www.flightsafety.org/asw/mar1...r12_p39-42.pdf
The problem in some parts of the world is cultural issues go against CRM. Think of the SFO B777 hitting the seawall. The new Captain receiving IOE said he wanted to put his sunglasses on but felt he shouldn't because the PIC hadn't put his on first. I don't think that's going to be something that's easy to overcome.
Quote: The problem in some parts of the world is cultural issues go against CRM. Think of the SFO B777 hitting the seawall. The new Captain receiving IOE said he wanted to put his sunglasses on but felt he shouldn't because the PIC hadn't put his on first. I don't think that's going to be something that's easy to overcome.
That's East Asia.

In West Asia you have some of that plus "Inshallah".
No crash report from the previous PIA crash, the ATR42 in Dec 2016. Aviation is a joke in Pakistan. It’s not even the inshallah culture. It’s the idea of fate (kismet) and nepotism + cronyism. Skill and merit is bypassed while they fill positions throughout the country based on political connections.
Quote: Skill and merit is bypassed while they fill positions throughout the country based on political connections.
You don’t say...

1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to