Termination of employment

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to
Quote: You aren't pay protected if you dequal due to landings? Jesus.
No! Why would you? The company will say, come and do landing so you don't dequal and you say NO, i don't wan't to, i want to be paid 72/67h instead of 50h...
Quote: No! Why would you? The company will say, come and do landing so you don't dequal and you say NO, i don't wan't to, i want to be paid 72/67h instead of 50h...
At least at 9E it is out of our control. Reduced flying and the training department was closed for two months. Is the training department open at Skywest? And is the company giving opportunities to remain current?
Quote: At least at 9E it is out of our control. Reduced flying and the training department was closed for two months. Is the training department open at Skywest? And is the company giving opportunities to remain current?
This has nothing to do with AQP, we have the waiver for that and we are going back to training again so that would not be a problem. But we have pilots on paid leave who do not want to come back and do 3 t/o&l. So they dequal and hope to get paid more since on leave they only get 50h.
Quote: This has nothing to do with AQP, we have the waiver for that and we are going back to training again so that would not be a problem. But we have pilots on paid leave who do not want to come back and do 3 t/o&l. So they dequal and hope to get paid more since on leave they only get 50h.
Ah I see what you're saying. Pilots leave, dequal, come back and think they can ride the min guarantee train and not fly.
Quote: This has nothing to do with AQP, we have the waiver for that and we are going back to training again so that would not be a problem. But we have pilots on paid leave who do not want to come back and do 3 t/o&l. So they dequal and hope to get paid more since on leave they only get 50h.
What happens to reserve pilots if they don’t get 3 takeoffs and landings because there’s no flying?
Quote: What happens to reserve pilots if they don’t get 3 takeoffs and landings because there’s no flying?
CrewSupport will call and arrange for you to do your landings, you should also be aware of your landings and if they haven't called, then you call them and make arrangements to that you do not dequal.
Quote: Yes, you need to remain qualified to be eligible for CPTO as there is a two week call back window and the sims are closed. This requirement to get your landings was addressed when CPTO was introduced. Contact company if they have not contacted you already. Otherwise you will be on a normal LOA which have never been paid.
actually I got approved for CPTO in June, we’ll see what I actually end up getting paid being dequaled. 50hrs or 72hrs since I could hold a guaranteed line
Quote: actually I got approved for CPTO in June, we’ll see what I actually end up getting paid being dequaled. 50hrs or 72hrs since I could hold a guaranteed line
I’d need more information, but if you are saying you were a line holder who didn’t fly in the previous two months due to canceled flights and have since elected the paid covid leave for this month (your third month), then your pay will go to zero when you de-qual. (Go make three landings)
If you would not have bid (June) CPTO and still not flown in June you would have kept your monthly guarantee while dequl’d.
Go listen to last weeks sapa call.... has all the info you guys are looking for..
keep your nose clean, do a good job, it'll work out in the end
2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 6 of 7
Go to