SLI question from an AA guy.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to
Quote: If I remember correctly, the Valuejet ... I mean "airtran" ... guys would have been better off taking the first offer as suggested by one of the guys on the mec... Instead they shot that down and the second offer was not quite as good.

#arroganceatthelotteryoffice
There was no such company as "Valuejet".

#learntospell
Quote: “Most West Coast”...... slogan of the decade. 😂😂😂😂
“Secret Sauce” still the winner in my book.
Quote: If I remember correctly, the Valuejet ... I mean "airtran" ... guys would have been better off taking the first offer as suggested by one of the guys on the mec... Instead they shot that down and the second offer was not quite as good.

#arroganceatthelotteryoffice
Hindsight is always 2020.. They felt they deserved better, and whatever calculus they made, opted to hold out for it. Nothing wrong with that....

SW then decided to kick em in the nuts, just because they could... They're still looking for their nuts...
Quote: Hindsight is always 2020.. They felt they deserved better, and whatever calculus they made, opted to hold out for it. Nothing wrong with that....

SW then decided to kick em in the nuts, just because they could... They're still looking for their nuts...
I wouldn't say there is "nothing wrong with that" when 8 people make a decision that important for the entire pilot group. Especially when their calculus was wayyyyyy off.
Quote: What a tool.
100% As much as I’d hate to see SWA acquire us (and I’m not saying i think that’s likely), even given that it’d kill me from a seniority standpoint.... the oh so sweet side of that bittersweet pill, would getting to listen to jackwagons who’ve only worked for one airline and think it’s because of superior quals that’s produced that whine.

Years ago ago I was at a Air Inc in Atlanta. Eastern had gone under, and there was a guy who was at Valujet talking with 30 year old golden boy Cpt from United (who’s father was also United). He was I think the youngest Cpt there at the time and was there looking at resumes for recruitment. So this former Eastern guy gives him his resume and I guess he’d been driving a cab or something to make ends meet to feed his family.... and this douche tells the guy “Well, ya know, at United, we really prefer to see an unbroken career path..” and hands the resume back. I got outa line.

Thankfully tools like this fool are the minority. What self important sanctimonious SOB.

FTR... I’m a legacy Alaska hire.
Quote: “Most West Coast”...... slogan of the decade. ����
It's just missing two words. I'll help edit... "Most West Coast parked planes." Sorry, I couldn't resist and not trying to flame-bait. In all honesty, I hope the best for us all.
Quote: 100% As much as I’d hate to see SWA acquire us (and I’m not saying i think that’s likely), even given that it’d kill me from a seniority standpoint.... the oh so sweet side of that bittersweet pill, would getting to listen to jackwagons who’ve only worked for one airline and think it’s because of superior quals that’s produced that whine.

Years ago ago I was at a Air Inc in Atlanta. Eastern had gone under, and there was a guy who was at Valujet talking with 30 year old golden boy Cpt from United (who’s father was also United). He was I think the youngest Cpt there at the time and was there looking at resumes for recruitment. So this former Eastern guy gives him his resume and I guess he’d been driving a cab or something to make ends meet to feed his family.... and this douche tells the guy “Well, ya know, at United, we really prefer to see an unbroken career path..” and hands the resume back. I got outa line.

Thankfully tools like this fool are the minority. What self important sanctimonious SOB.

FTR... I’m a legacy Alaska hire.

If there was ever a time that a right cross would have been appropriate..... that would of been the time
Quote: What a tool.
You got me good! *ucker!- Farva
Quote: Bottom line....no protections for furloughed Alaska Pilots while VA was hiring less qualified applicants during the Alaska furlough.
Long sigh.

From the perspective of a long-time west-coast airline guy, everybody always knew what AS's hiring priorities were: Zip code, then friends & family. Fortunately for AS, they could get away with that because of two mil airbases near SEA and several in SOCAL, plus the general desirability of west coast bases for many civilians.

VX hired as initial cadre some very experienced guys who were either sick of USAir, or losing jobs at several other airlines around 2007. Then they hired mostly the same candidates as other airlines over the years. They did do some culture experimentation along the way, ad acquired a few folks who don't fit the usual mold.
Quote: Long sigh.

From the perspective of a long-time west-coast airline guy, everybody always knew what AS's hiring priorities were: Zip code, then friends & family. Fortunately for AS, they could get away with that because of two mil airbases near SEA and several in SOCAL, plus the general desirability of west coast bases for many civilians.

VX hired as initial cadre some very experienced guys who were either sick of USAir, or losing jobs at several other airlines around 2007. Then they hired mostly the same candidates as other airlines over the years. They did do some culture experimentation along the way, ad acquired a few folks who don't fit the usual mold.

Don’t forget industry leading VX FAs..👍
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to