Republic Furloughs

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 34
Go to
Quote: Incorrect.
big difference between a furlough notice and a WARN notice
You're probably right, but regardless Republic satisfied both obligations with one letter to 40% of the pilot group.
Quote: You're probably right, but regardless Republic satisfied both obligations with one letter to 40% of the pilot group.
This.
It will be pretty ugly.
Quote: Incorrect.
big difference between a furlough notice and a WARN notice
It’s an ACT that gives employees rights to an advance notice of a lay-off, rather than a company being able to send you a furlough notification whenever they want. Stop trying to split hairs like a moron.
Quote: It’s an ACT that gives employees rights to an advance notice of a lay-off, rather than a company being able to send you a furlough notification whenever they want. Stop trying to split hairs like a moron.
You got sent a furlough notice, it complies with the WARN act.
Bunch of other airlines sent more WARN notices than furlough notices.
Stop being a moron.
They can still be rescinded if things get better. Hell, I have a line right now and got all my bid preferences and still got a letter. Unless things get worse I have a feeling these cuts won't go as deep as 40%
Very simple:

WARN notice: you MAY or MAY NOT be furloughed, heads up!

Furlough notice: you WILL be furloughed.

I think if a company knows for sure it will happen regardless of future events, there’s no need for a WARN notice, just the furlough letter.
Quote: Furlough notice: you WILL be furloughed.
Not necessarily true, and I would be surprised if that's the case with this round at Republic.
Guys and gals, I’m not sure why people are saying this “isn’t happening.” It is happening, so plan accordingly.
Quote: Guys and gals, I’m not sure why people are saying this “isn’t happening.” It is happening, so plan accordingly.
No one is saying it isn't happening. We're saying its probably not going to be as deep of cuts as what the furlough notices were. Still plan accordingly and don't give your hopes up
Quote: No one is saying it isn't happening. We're saying its probably not going to be as deep of cuts as what the furlough notices were. Still plan accordingly and don't give your hopes up
Good advice! These are worst case numbers, but I would plan for worst case.

If you listen to the ELT video posted last night, they pretty much sum it up. I doubt it will be 40 percent, but its certainly possible. Last furlough (2008) was mitigated by VLOA, which reduced the total number from the warm notices sent out.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17 
Page 7 of 34
Go to