TSA Numbers

Subscribe
91  141  181  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  194  195  201  241 
Page 191 of 261
Go to
Quote: I love that they are now showing us 2019. Wish they would have done this before.
They were showing us 2019 numbers the whole time. Now that it's 2021 they're showing us the 2019 numbers PLUS the 2020 numbers. It just hadn't tanked yet in January 2020.
Looks like March 9-10 is when the drop off happened.
Another advantage to the new format - we can more easily see days in the past that had anomalies such as weather related cx flights in 2020. At least through March 1st anyway.
Quote: TSA site is now reporting 2020 numbers and 2019 numbers side by side.

1/11/2021
708,177 35% of 2020 & 36% of 2019
Yay for the TSA!
I’ve been leaning towards optimism in terms of our industry’s recovery, but I think I’m coming to the realistic conclusion that we have a very long, long way to go. I don’t see these numbers coming up significantly for quite some time. The vaccine rollout seems clumsy at best. I’m not even sure how many people will actually take it. And then we have 50 state governments doing their own thing, not to mention all the international restrictions. Now I’m starting to see this taking years. I really, really hope I’m wrong.
CDC Expands Negative COVID-19 Test Requiremen
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...assengers.html
Quote: I’ve been leaning towards optimism in terms of our industry’s recovery, but I think I’m coming to the realistic conclusion that we have a very long, long way to go. I don’t see these numbers coming up significantly for quite some time. The vaccine rollout seems clumsy at best. I’m not even sure how many people will actually take it. And then we have 50 state governments doing their own thing, not to mention all the international restrictions. Now I’m starting to see this taking years. I really, really hope I’m wrong.
Maybe a return to around 75% consistently in around 2-3 years, that’s just my guess. I think we’ll be here in the high 30s to low 40s for a long time.
Quote: I’ve been leaning towards optimism in terms of our industry’s recovery, but I think I’m coming to the realistic conclusion that we have a very long, long way to go. I don’t see these numbers coming up significantly for quite some time. The vaccine rollout seems clumsy at best. I’m not even sure how many people will actually take it. And then we have 50 state governments doing their own thing, not to mention all the international restrictions. Now I’m starting to see this taking years. I really, really hope I’m wrong.
Yes. Time has come for the pipe-dreamers to face reality. You noted some major areas and there are more that are going to make this a long slow recovery process. Owning up to this and preparing individualized backup plans should be the primary goal of concerend folks in this industry. To do otherwise, well...may just end up saying howdy to each other in a new career down the road.
1/12/21

30.7% of 2020
32.4% of 2019
Quote: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...assengers.html
I think the very idea of using clinical tests for screening is ludicrous and shows that hysteria has overtaken science.

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/c...work-well.html

This ignorance is more consistent with 18th century France:
].

or the cargo cults of the South Pacific post WWII.[/url].

I’m not sure which would offend me more, if the people mandating this KNOW it can’t work and are simply lying to us, or if they are actually ignorant enough to believe it WILL work.

Either way, their credibility is striving daily for new lows.
91  141  181  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  194  195  201  241 
Page 191 of 261
Go to