United AIP to avoid furloughs

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 38
Go to
Rumor is MPG cut would be at pre-displacement pay. Displacements canceled.

So, for example, I am now holding 737 FO. If this passes, I’ll be paid 80% at 737 CA rates, since that what I held before all this mess.

What they do with pilots already trained in lower equipment is anyone’s guess. I bet back to training for the 2 day RQ course. Those that elect to stay in the displaced category won’t be pay protected. That’s my guess.
It will pass at UAL. Things get interesting in the middle third group. Some had no choice but to displace to NB FO as the bottom of the middle third that took upgrades have no place to go but the NB FO seats. They will be pay protected at captain pay to be FO for the duration of the agreement. Fine, but others were displacing to WB FO and would make equal or more money flying 777 and 787 productive trips and now are staying in NB/756 captain seats with a 20 percent cut. Some could have chosen WB FO but decided to be senior 320 or 737 FO and now will be pay protected with the best schedules of their lives. I guess it all depends on luck but let’s face it, the middle 1/3 is not deciding this thing.
In order for this to work at Delta, you would need a management team that wants to avoid furloughs. So far, I don’t see it..... Optics and all....
It'll be interesting to see if the membership passes the TA.
Whenever you allow management to split pilots into groups with varying incentives/interests, then you have lost. We have already learned these lessons over the past decades. That proposal will breed resentment for years to come. Any agreement who's end game is to target various groups specifically to reach a slim majority is divisive and will irreparably damage unity. There should be 1 concession that every pilot on the seniority list should consider OR no concession at all. It amazes me that we repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

That is to say nothing of whether the agreement would pass. It very well might pass along VERY partisan lines, whereby different voting blocks vote in vastly disproportionate ways.

There also seems to be this misconception that the majority of pilots at Delta were displaced to lower paying seats. That is FALSE. 50%+ of pilots were not displaced to lower paying equipment, and after this AE , even fewer will have ultimately been displaced.
Please, please don't fall for something like this here. I'm hoping United pilots reject it too.
Quote: Whenever you allow management to split pilots into groups with varying incentives/interests, then you have lost. We have already learned these lessons over the past decades. That proposal will breed resentment for years to come. Any agreement who's end game is to target various groups specifically to reach a slim majority is divisive and will irreparably damage unity. There should be 1 concession that every pilot on the seniority list should consider OR no concession at all. It amazes me that we repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

That is to say nothing of whether the agreement would pass. It very well might pass along VERY partisan lines, whereby different voting blocks vote in vastly disproportionate ways.

There also seems to be this misconception that the majority of pilots at Delta were displaced to lower paying seats. That is FALSE. 50%+ of pilots were not displaced to lower paying equipment, and after this AE , even fewer will have ultimately been displaced.
to me it makes sense based on how much each group was negatively affected. Speaking generally; the top 1/3 of the list would not take much of a hit, some might have gone from WB-A to NB-A but overall this group was probably the least affected by displacements so far, and much of the win for this group is LTD improvements and DHD improvements. Many in the middle 3rd were displaced out of the left seat and some all the way back to NB-B. This group, as a whole, was looking at a more significant pay cut and stands to benefit from undoing displacements. The bottom 3rd was staring down the barrel of a furlough and 50% work is probably better than the options many are facing.

the only thing I’m wondering is are reserve days reduced accordingly for each group
Talked to a buddy on the bottom at United, he is all for it. I was like that is a screw job by the top. Are we a union or not? Do we have different classes of pilots. Guess so. That would be a hard no for me based solely on the fact I think the cut should be equal.

Edit: I’m a middle 1/3
Why not flip flop the percentages? Top 1/3 takes a 50% pay cut, middle 1/3 takes a 20% pay cut, and bottom 1/3 only a 10% pay cut. That would save United a lot more money than trying to squeeze the lowest paid group for the most amount. And it has just as much chance to pass because it still divides and conquers the pilot group.

Quote: Rumor is MPG cut would be at pre-displacement pay. Displacements canceled.

So, for example, I am now holding 737 FO. If this passes, I’ll be paid 80% at 737 CA rates, since that what I held before all this mess.

What they do with pilots already trained in lower equipment is anyone’s guess. I bet back to training for the 2 day RQ course. Those that elect to stay in the displaced category won’t be pay protected. That’s my guess.
rumor is only the top 2/3 will be pay protected from March 2020...
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 38
Go to