Capped Res Days

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 9 of 10
Go to
Quote: This used to infuriate me. Coverage good before and after run yet denied. They say it drops during run. I never bought that excuse.
They run drops first and then pickups. Coverage goes down as drops are granted and goes up as pickups are awarded. As someone mentioned it’s all automated.
I'm running into this problem right now. I'm trying to swap a 4 day (5-day? ends in a redeye) for another 5 day of greater value. All days are black. Late NOV.

"Capped Reserve Days."

Also a Level 1 SAQ airport (but that means anyone can fly there they just have to look at pictorials. So this shouldn't be an issue.)
Quote: I'm running into this problem right now. I'm trying to swap a 4 day (5-day? ends in a redeye) for another 5 day of greater value. All days are black. Late NOV.

"Capped Reserve Days."

Also a Level 1 SAQ airport (but that means anyone can fly there they just have to look at pictorials. So this shouldn't be an issue.)
does the trip you are trying to drop touch the holiday exception period?
Quote: does the trip you are trying to drop touch the holiday exception period?
Nov 25. But a swap was just approved at 0700 for the exact same days. All black.
Quote: I'm running into this problem right now. I'm trying to swap a 4 day (5-day? ends in a redeye) for another 5 day of greater value. All days are black. Late NOV.

"Capped Reserve Days."

all days are black, but which trip has a higher negative total reserve coverage number?
Quote: all days are black, but which trip has a higher negative total reserve coverage number?
Exactly this.
Quote: all days are black, but which trip has a higher negative total reserve coverage number?
The trips are on the exact same 5 days.
Quote: The trips are on the exact same 5 days.

If it's truly a 1 for 1, call scheduling, they may be able to manually swap it for you.
Quote: If it's truly a 1 for 1, call scheduling, they may be able to manually swap it for you.
I believe it’s contractual that if the trips both touch the same days they cannot deny a trade.
Can’t find a thread that is appropriate so I’ll ask here:

If there’s a 5 day I want, it starts on my last X day before going back on long call. It’s on open time and there’s nobody on reserve list with 5 days available on day 1 of the rotation. Should I put in a yellow slip or wait for the potential green slip call? If I yellow slip, how is the X day treated? Assume it’s just lost because I’m volunteering for it? Apologies up front if it’s a silly question.
5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 9 of 10
Go to