Hiring Resuming

Subscribe
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  33  73 
Page 23 of 88
Go to
Quote: If I had accepted the first class they offered me I would have been in the very last class hired/flowed at AA. I was sorta kicking myself for not taking that class... Right up until Covid happened. In the end these small things don’t matter much even though they seem important now. It will work out.
Meh, you'd rather be furloughed from there instead of wondering WTF is going on here....
Be ready

https://finance-yahoo-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/american-airlines-ceo-tells-employees-202901846.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQF KAGwASA%3D#aoh=16122261908575&csi=1&referrer=https %3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&amp share=https%3A%2F%2Ffinance.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Fame rican-airlines-ceo-tells-employees-202901846.html
Quote: Meh, you'd rather be furloughed from there instead of wondering WTF is going on here....
Nah. Having a mainline seniority number is great. Just not at AA right now. And I’m not wondering what’s going on here. Just waiting for it all to play out.
Quote: Nah. Having a mainline seniority number is great. Just not at AA right now. And I’m not wondering what’s going on here. Just waiting for it all to play out.
AA files for BK, sheds a lot of aircraft and employees. Sells one WO , contracts out more regional flying and emerges a leaner , more efficient airline at the expense of its employees,
Quote: Nah. Having a mainline seniority number is great. Just not at AA right now. And I’m not wondering what’s going on here. Just waiting for it all to play out.
“You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.” No Country For Old Men

That quote could be in your favor, until PSA is no longer affiliated with AA. Then the last flows to AA will be reminiscing over that quote.
Quote: That quote could be in your favor, until PSA is no longer affiliated with AA. Then the last flows to AA will be reminiscing over that quote.
The flow has a good chance of surviving divestiture, as it will keep labor costs lower for neo-PSA and cost AA nothing

Now the loss of AA employee status for nonrev will really suck
would you be flowing or you got hired outside of the flow?

Nevertheless, we will miss you! You were always helping this pilot group
Quote: The flow has a good chance of surviving divestiture, as it will keep labor costs lower for neo-PSA and cost AA nothing

Now the loss of AA employee status for nonrev will really suck
Yeah you’re probably right, and I just saw the huge furlough announcement at AA, so those new hire flows could be out for years.

But the industry is unpredictable and you just never know what could happen to the WO’s.
I was in one of the last new hire classes at AA and I’d rather be in my spot than still a sr captain at PSA, found a good flying job to hang out at until the industry recovers. I wouldn’t expect the flow to survive a sell or IPO of PSA ala the XJT IPO from CAL back in 2002.
Quote: I was in one of the last new hire classes at AA and I’d rather be in my spot than still a sr captain at PSA, found a good flying job to hang out at until the industry recovers. I wouldn’t expect the flow to survive a sell or IPO of PSA ala the XJT IPO from CAL back in 2002.
I agree with you, it depends on the individuals situation. I have connections with a corporate flying gig down in TX that I could always fall back on, and I’d rather being holding a seniority number at the big 3, then being on the outside looking in.
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  33  73 
Page 23 of 88
Go to