FedEx v swa

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 6 of 9
Go to
Quote: I am curious your mentality on this issue. Say I have built up my M/U bank over the last few years. Now that I make a higher rate and decided to tap into it, am I flying extra? Seems to me I am making the company pay me at a higher rate although it appears I am “working extra.”
"working extra" to me simply means flying more than your BLG and more time away from home - nothing wrong with it at all just less days off
Quote: "working extra" to me simply means flying more than your BLG and more time away from home - nothing wrong with it at all just less days off
Yes, I agree with this. Some are saying that a 3rd year WB FO can make over $300K or $350k a year. I say that they can't unless they work extra. Some of those same people are saying that they can make that without working extra. I don't believe it.
Quote: Again, voluntary extra work. Sell it however you want, but you are working extra. At $185/hr plus the $10/hr international override, you need 1500+ CH to make over $300k. So again, say it all you want that you don't work extra if that helps you sleep at night, but those of us here know the truth.
Yes, I worked extra over the Spring/Summer. This included draft/AVA and extensions. You act like that’s a big secret or something?
No matter which group you fall under, it's pretty awesome. A fella that prioritizes QOL can simply fly his BLG and clear $200k, while the next guy chooses to hustle a bit more and clear $300k. Get in where you fit in.
Some are not working extra to make extra. They are dropping regular pay trips and then picking up draft or AVA. If they cant drop them they TPU them and others pick them up at straight pay. Calendar is now clean and open for draft. Working the same amount of days but making 50% or more extra. Many 777, MD-11 and HKG bros doing this. For those living in base another trick is bid reserve and not get used on reserve days and then draft on days off. Days away from home is still low but make a bunch more. Many different ways to make extra. Not a one size fits all.
Quote: Yes, I worked extra over the Spring/Summer. This included draft/AVA and extensions. You act like that’s a big secret or something?

Not acting like it is a secret, just saying you can't make more than $300k like you did and not do that. Just trying to keep it real for the guys looking to get hired here.
Quote: Again, voluntary extra work. Sell it however you want, but you are working extra. At $185/hr plus the $10/hr international override, you need 1500+ CH to make over $300k. So again, say it all you want that you don't work extra if that helps you sleep at night, but those of us here know the truth.
Both of us fly here. Yes it's extra and that's the point. You do you by flying your schedule. But not sure why you continue to doubt earnings from someone here. Especially when if you want money, 150% and 200% are there for the taking.

I live in base as well so that helps. Might as well pick it up at AVA beforehand, cause they're just gonna blow my phone up for draft anyway. That's the beauty of FDX.
Personally all this talk of income and W-2s is bad form. Y’all are probably the same ones I hear on the crew bus.
Well, as long as we are operating under the CBA, what’s the problem? These options were battles won at the negotiating table to make our lives better and give us flexibility.
FedEx v swa
Quote: "working extra" to me simply means flying more than your BLG and more time away from home - nothing wrong with it at all just less days off

As someone who doesn’t work “extra” I’m curious as to what the purpose of m/u banks if using them is considered working extra? I’m trying to wrap my head around the whole idea of banks as I came from an airline that didn’t have such a concept. I thought the m/u bank are hours taken from you because of conflicts. So is using the considered working extra when in the end, you have those hours because you had less than your awarded credit hours?
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 6 of 9
Go to