Running hot?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Is it just me or does 84hr ALV in March for nearly every 320 and 73N with an 80hr max out reserve (contract) seem a bit "warm?" Vies a vie Summer of 2019? If we are 84 in March are we 97 in june? I thought we weren't going to do that again...
I agree, with the being said I believe they are so high due to the TLV and the low ALV's of last summer. So they have to run it high now as to not be out of compliance. Quite convenient for them really, almost like they planned to do it all along.
This is just the beginning of the staffing crisis. With the permanent reduction of the 717 the 737/320 fleets are the flex fleets that will pick up flying as demand returns. No Profit Sharing this year but looks like pilots will have a good chance of making up if not exceeding the difference with Greenslips.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I assume they are running ALVs high through March because this round of Govt $$ (cares 2) has a use by date if I’m not mistaken... I think they have to use all the money by the end of April or give it back.
Quote: Is it just me or does 84hr ALV in March for nearly every 320 and 73N with an 80hr max out reserve (contract) seem a bit "warm?" Vies a vie Summer of 2019? If we are 84 in March are we 97 in june? I thought we weren't going to do that again...
Would you prefer they ignore the contract?
Quote: Would you prefer they ignore the contract?
NO, I'd like them to get some damn pilots on the line to help us out rather than kick the crap out of us. I have FO's on 6, 7, 8 green slips and many are not taking them up now because they are exhausted. I'd like to not be responsible for making up the years TLV all by myself. I'd also not like to get 84 hours 1 day trip at a time, out of NYC on all non Commutable trips. 36 months of asking for commutable trips with a consistent NO from the rotation construction folks. It's been nearly 3 years since a new seniority list Capt showed up in NYC. IF flying truly returns and wide bodies start flying again, God luck with your nearly 2000 less Capts.
59 of the 64 categories get an extra x day in Mar due to reserves above 20% so I dont think we are running hot except for maybe a few categories. 320B is the only category in NY that doesn’t get the extra day
Quote: NO, I'd like them to get some damn pilots on the line to help us out rather than kick the crap out of us. I have FO's on 6, 7, 8 green slips and many are not taking them up now because they are exhausted. I'd like to not be responsible for making up the years TLV all by myself. I'd also not like to get 84 hours 1 day trip at a time, out of NYC on all non Commutable trips. 36 months of asking for commutable trips with a consistent NO from the rotation construction folks. It's been nearly 3 years since a new seniority list Capt showed up in NYC. IF flying truly returns and wide bodies start flying again, God luck with your nearly 2000 less Capts.
At the end of LOA 20-04, the TLV goes down to 73-78. That's a fair number of extra pilots.
Quote: At the end of LOA 20-04, the TLV goes down to 73-78. That's a fair number of extra pilots.
Won’t we need even more pilots when the tlv is lowered?
Quote: NO, I'd like them to get some damn pilots on the line to help us out rather than kick the crap out of us. I have FO's on 6, 7, 8 green slips and many are not taking them up now because they are exhausted. I'd like to not be responsible for making up the years TLV all by myself. I'd also not like to get 84 hours 1 day trip at a time, out of NYC on all non Commutable trips. 36 months of asking for commutable trips with a consistent NO from the rotation construction folks. It's been nearly 3 years since a new seniority list Capt showed up in NYC. IF flying truly returns and wide bodies start flying again, God luck with your nearly 2000 less Capts.
There’s acute fatigue and chronic fatigue. Both are problematic.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to