In Aircraft Training vs Sim

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
I was giving a checkride in a recip Convair a long time ago. Pulled an engine back right after rotation and we were slowly climbing out. Then we got an augmentor overheat warning. Switched from one fake emergency to real one at about 500 feet.
Quote: Gonna bet they’re MD11’s
yeppers
Quote: The 747’s that fly as Air Force One do touch and goes at Richmond quite frequently.
The Navy 707's (E6-B) had MONTHLY currency of 6 approaches and 10 landings! Every month! Since they don't haul anything but crew, that's a lot of approaches and landings to log across like 100+ pilots.....monthly! All while waiting for WWIII
Quote: That was because they were level C sims if I remember correctly. We had to do three takeoffs and landings in the actual airplane. Level D sims take care of that.

The cost to do pattern work in a 777 would be staggering.
I just did a full type rating in a level C sim, it's not a sim level issue.
Pattern work is still a requirement in some MPL programs across the pond…. They take a handful of cadets up with a training captain and cycle through doing their bounces before they get to a flight deck with paying passengers behind them.
Quote: Pattern work is still a requirement in some MPL programs across the pond…. They take a handful of cadets up with a training captain and cycle through doing their bounces before they get to a flight deck with paying passengers behind them.
Not just MPL. Most type ratings outside the USA are not ZFT.
Quote: I just did a full type rating in a level C sim, it's not a sim level issue.
Maybe it was an examiner/designee issue. I don’t know. It was 121.
Quote: The 747’s that fly as Air Force One do touch and goes at Richmond quite frequently.
I've seen them up here doing it too in AF1, when the President was out and about.
Quote: That was because they were level C sims if I remember correctly. We had to do three takeoffs and landings in the actual airplane. Level D sims take care of that.

The cost to do pattern work in a 777 would be staggering.
Pattern work is much cheaper in a 777 than the 380...
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAE2551
Quote: Pattern work is much cheaper in a 777 than the 380...
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAE2551
Most airlines around the world have to do the pattern work. A380, 747s and so on.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to