Contract Negotiations and the Schedule

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to
Quote: Tell us what that is please!
If he can't tell you, I can.

Where is our secondary line program that the union and company agreed to implement? Our union failed us by even putting that sort of language in the contract. No timeline, no deadline, just "we will do this".

They have not done it, and no penalty, either.

So, what other things will be in this next contract that the company and the union will say they will do and then not do?

Any promises made to do anything in the future should generate a resounding "no" vote from the crew force.
Quote: If he can't tell you, I can.

Where is our secondary line program that the union and company agreed to implement? Our union failed us by even putting that sort of language in the contract. No timeline, no deadline, just "we will do this".

They have not done it, and no penalty, either.

So, what other things will be in this next contract that the company and the union will say they will do and then not do?

Any promises made to do anything in the future should generate a resounding "no" vote from the crew force.

Whats wrong with the SLG we have now? Its much better than the VIPS worksheet we use to fill out when I started. I have had great success with it. We now get practice bids and reason reports so we can actually hold the company accountable. I see a few grievances in the stack just this year due to the expanded information the new system provides. As someone who came from a legacy I will give you this one clear word of advice.

IF YOU SOLVE ALL THE ISSUES FOR THE COMPANY WITH THE PBS SWW THEY WILL THEN WANT IT FOR EVERYTHING.

So be careful how far you push. It just might come true.
I asked ppl in the SIG group how they can build a monthly line knowing all the pairings are pie in the sky bull cockey. Most pairings should be disputed based on the last two year look back on actual push times…
Quote: I asked ppl in the SIG group how they can build a monthly line knowing all the pairings are pie in the sky bull cockey. Most pairings should be disputed based on the last two year look back on actual push times…
And they said....................????
Couldnt schedule or run the airline under that scenario… right now we are being scheduled on times that EVERYONE knows is false…
Quote: Couldnt schedule or run the airline under that scenario… right now we are being scheduled on times that EVERYONE knows is false…
Sched block outs are a frickin joke. “Safety”??? Lol.
want changes? Make an effort. Start filling out fatigue reports and asap reports.
Quote: Couldnt schedule or run the airline under that scenario… right now we are being scheduled on times that EVERYONE knows is false…
Something to think about, but updated pairings on a monthly bid to account for delays would affect TAFB calculations and thus our Trip Rig, causing them to be worth less per trip.
Quote: want changes? Make an effort. Start filling out fatigue reports and asap reports.
Yes!!!! If we are complaining about fatigue why are we not calling out fatigued? Thats called lacking the spine needed to make that call.
Quote: Something to think about, but updated pairings on a monthly bid to account for delays would affect TAFB calculations and thus our Trip Rig, causing them to be worth less per trip.
Plus we would not be able to pair certain city pairs together. It may also kill city purity on some pairings that have them.

Cause and effect……….

We have a pay protected fatigue program in the contract. If you are fatigued have the spine to use it. The Captains are have this duty and requirement per FOM/FARs/Contract.

Instead we play the blame game because some lack the spine. Finger point to justify behavior.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to