JetBlue bids for Spirit Airlines

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16  56  106 
Page 6 of 160
Go to
Quote: Exactly. Chimpy knows better, forgive him. He is just used to his dropping to nothing life up in ACY for the last decade.
Sir please........ it's only been 9 years
New Airline name:

JetYellow
Quote: Ugh. The union must have known about this. What a slap in the face. B6 pilots are going to be bent over in this deal. Spirit has been growing like crazy while we stagnated.

Gonna be junior to a a 3 year hire. Where did the money for this come from anyway. I thought we were struggling, what with our amazing CBA and all, I thought 3% was all they could find in the couch cushions...

"Organic growth." All new hires should get thier apps out there now because the stagnation this will bring will be the stuff of legends.
Spirit MCO 320 CA is what—4 years? 2/3 for FLL 320 CA?

It’s 15-20 and 8-10 here, respectively.

This will be catastrophic for us JB folks’ seniority.
Quote: lmao-
So you're sayin there's a chance?
You don’t want any of it. Trust me.
Soo how long will the hold time be to get on with crew services when we have 8k pilots and two crew schedulers.
Quote: Soo how long will the hold time be to get on with crew services when we have 8k pilots and two crew schedulers.
Did they hire a second Screw Scheduler?
Quote: What would it mean for JB and NK pilots such a merge? In terms of seniority and bases?
Rough math using 320 stats only is JB relative seniority will be 9:2/8:2/5:2?

Aka a Spirit 2 year FO expects 320 CA in their most junior base. Takes 5+ years to hold JFK 320 CA rn.

Check me on that—but their career expectation is way better than ours rn and they are growing much faster and have a ton more bases.

Given our much higher payrates, the 190 fleet that’s going away, 220s, etc., who the heck knows. We also have what 2x as many total pilots?

My guess is a 10 year JB pilot should expect parity with roughly a Spirit 4 year pilot.

But down to brass tacks: what color will our shirts be? Please say white, please say white

I’m not optimistic at all about where JB pilots’ could come out on this.
Quote: Rough math using 320 stats only is JB relative seniority will be 9:2/8:2/5:2?

Check me on that—but their career expectation is way better than ours rn and they are growing much faster and have a ton more bases.

Given our much higher payrates, the 190 fleet that’s going away, 220s, etc., who the heck knows. We also have what 2x as many total pilots?

But down to brass tacks: what color will our shirts be? Please say white, please say white
Hats NOW!!!
Quote: Hats NOW!!!
Bright yellow shirts, blue ties. Clown makeup?
Quote: How big is yalllls Newark Base. 2013 hire at Yellow and think I’m not going to like this at all. FML. Only thing worse is If SWA comes in and AirTrans either of us
What?! Those AirTran pilots “hit the lottery”. Just ask the RSW (real Southwest) pilots. They’ll tell you!
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16  56  106 
Page 6 of 160
Go to