New hire questions

Subscribe
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27 
Page 23 of 30
Go to
What are you FO’s seeing for reserve times? Also the junior FO’s holding a line, how many hours are you crediting as well as any open time to pick up trips?
Quote: What are you FO’s seeing for reserve times? Also the junior FO’s holding a line, how many hours are you crediting as well as any open time to pick up trips?
March class? Current training footprint puts on the line in July. Everything changes by then.
Current training footprint puts you waiting for IOE in July, if you start in March.
Current training footprint is irrelevant. JAN/FEB/MAR classes are set to be half the size of recent classes. Hopefully the bugs will be worked out of the second MSP sim too. Having said that, hitting the line in July is probably a safe bet for a March start date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like others have said, everything will change by then but for my experience: May class, oe done in august, reserve in sept, relief lines Oct and Nov, hard line in December. Able to pick up a trip or a turn here or there but not a ton, all only at 150%, some 200-250% has popped up but I was already working over those periods. My relief and hard lines have credited between 80-90 hours, anywhere from 12-14 off.
Anybody currently have a good sense on what the training delays are? I’m in the relatively shrunken January class and am curious how I could expect it to shake out.
?
Any former SkyWest folks with Sun Country that I could ask a few questions to?
Quote: Anybody currently have a good sense on what the training delays are? I’m in the relatively shrunken January class and am curious how I could expect it to shake out.
I think it was them getting the training center up and having more instructors in house. I was hired for April class, offered March, took it and just last week offered January or Feb. I took February class. I know they had 3 spots open for January, 7 for February. Just my thoughts. Im probably dead wrong and people are accepted other offers from legacies and that’s why slots are opening. 😅
Quote: I think it was them getting the training center up and having more instructors in house. I was hired for April class, offered March, took it and just last week offered January or Feb. I took February class. I know they had 3 spots open for January, 7 for February. Just my thoughts. Im probably dead wrong and people are accepted other offers from legacies and that’s why slots are opening. 😅
The email opened with: "We received direction to up the class sizes for January and February." I wouldn't say that it's because people are dropping out because of a legacy CJO.
Upping the class sizes because pilots already on property are leaving for the legacies according to our jump seater.
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27 
Page 23 of 30
Go to