to leave or not — SkyWest -> AA

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 7 of 11
Go to
Quote: Imagine needing a consensus “vote” to decide whether to date the 28 yr old, decent looking chick or the 250 lb , 53 yr old that has an ok personality. Can’t this thread die? (Oops I contributed to it)
This contribution of yours is full of wisdom and insight. So glad you participated with that gem in this conversation.
Go to AA then interview at Delta or United and leave.
well, that decision didn’t work out well. fu@k.

hoping the work rules at AA make up for the massive pay cut I’m now taking. who knew.
Quote: well, that decision didn’t work out well. fu@k.

hoping the work rules at AA make up for the massive pay cut I’m now taking. who knew.
Can't look back.

Can't be afraid to move forward in this industry. We would ALL have regrets with 20/20 hindsight.

Also... I suspect the huge regional raises are just a bandaid until they figure out WTF to do with the small jet sector. I'm not even certain that OO will survive that in any form where your seniority would do you much good.
I've been flying with a lot of SkyWest pilots lately, and not one has had said anything but great things about being here. Delta and United are both better options, but warts and all AA is gonna be a much better place to be than slugging it out at the regionals. If anything take the type and hang out while you wait for the call for something better.
Quote: Can't look back.

Can't be afraid to move forward in this industry.
Sage advice. 👍🏼
My advice for any regional pilot with 500+ TPIC: come here if given the opportunity, and then get out as soon as Delta, United, FedEx or UPS gives you a classdate. I had people tell me that, I should have listened.
Quote: well, that decision didn’t work out well. fu@k.

You're still better off working for a company where the name on your pay check matches the name on the aircraft. Full stop.
Quote: My advice for any regional pilot with 500+ TPIC: come here if given the opportunity, and then get out as soon as Delta, United, FedEx or UPS gives you a classdate. I had people tell me that, I should have listened.
Depends on domiciles and where you live, want to live, or able to live. IMO living in base tips the scales in favor of any of the top 6-7 majors.
The long game is no comparison. Make the move yesterday.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 7 of 11
Go to