Regional Regional Airlines

WAS @ PSA Thoughts on WOPJETCREW.COM

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: FO
Default WAS @ PSA Thoughts on WOPJETCREW.COM

Anyone ever hear of this company? Based in FL. It appears they have their company, and do training as well. Says you do a signed 2 or 4 year contract, but not sure who pays for training.

wopjetcrew.com

Up until this past Friday I was @ PSA Airlines certain things beyond my control took place and decided to resign while in later portion of ground school. Want to know thoughts on the address/company listed above.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2007, 01:39 PM
CA

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: I am the Captain now...

be careful... looks fishy
Old 06-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: ERJ FO

I wonder who the EMB-145 and CRJ crews are for the "Asia Base - Possible Upcoming Requirement"
Old 06-29-2007, 08:37 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Default Did not Resign

I hear you were asked to leave cause you had no clue what you were doing. Don't tell everyone that you resigned

Originally Posted by pilot754 View Post
Anyone ever hear of this company? Based in FL. It appears they have their company, and do training as well. Says you do a signed 2 or 4 year contract, but not sure who pays for training.

wopjetcrew.com

Up until this past Friday I was @ PSA Airlines certain things beyond my control took place and decided to resign while in later portion of ground school. Want to know thoughts on the address/company listed above.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: A320/321 FO

Originally Posted by masspilotjh View Post
I hear you were asked to leave cause you had no clue what you were doing. Don't tell everyone that you resigned
hehehehe...
Old 06-29-2007, 09:33 AM
On RSV

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Gear Puller

I am not trying to start an argument, simply have a question. If you could not make it through ground school at PSA, what makes you think you will get through ground school anywhere else? All regionals, fractionals, etc... expect you to learn systems, FAR's, company regs., and the aircraft you are flying through sim training. Am I wrong? I am new to this, that's why I am asking!?!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SkyWest Capt.

Originally Posted by pilot754 View Post

wopjetcrew.com

Thanks
I don't mean to be rude but aren't you the pilot who interviewed like 11 times before you finally got hired at PSA? If so, maybe you should start looking outside of aviation for a career, it's not for everybody.

Good luck, straighten up and fly right! You're not doing to well.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Banned

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: FO
Default hmm

Yes! I am that pilot alright.
However, PSA systems class was on CBT and did not have enough time to finish all sections every night + working on mock up materials with partner every night.
I am sure you are well aware not everyone learns same way and same pace. I am more on an individual who learns by doing and seeing it walked through by someone not set in from of a PC and do it! I had to interview at so many places due to the fact @ how I was shafted by a DPE on my CFI..............................Way to many pinks and it came back to haunt me. PSA was so desperate they did not ask just asked basic HR and I did VERY well on CRJ 200 sim.

All I want is an FO 121 or 135 gig! Furthermore, I resigned from PSA cause I respectfully felt I was not a match for the company in addition to their flawed training program.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: AA A320

Republic also utilizes CBT training for systems.. good thing you didn't hired there either I suppose
Old 06-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: E170 FO

2 problems for you dude.
1. 121/135 training equals firehose. Learn fast or wash out. That's just how it goes. You have to lean on your faster classmates if you are a bit slow. The company doesn't have the time, money, or patiences to deal with "your learning style" outside of a certain spectrum.
2. You are building a track record. Issues on CFI ride....washed out(your choice for other than personal emergencies is still wash out) of 121 training... The next company is going to see that track record and its going to follow you for a while. You probably will need to prove that you can accomplish a difficult fast paced program before someone will look at you again.

Good luck!

Edit: Drop the "flawed training program" line. It comes across as whiny, entitlement generation speak. You will be far better off with "I wasn't prepared for the pace and couldn't hack it. I chose to resign and regroup rather than fail out." That shows some semblence of maturity. Go take one of those ATP-esqe jet transition courses and try again.