5 year Market Outlook/Opinions Part Deux

Subscribe
8  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  28 
Page 18 of 36
Go to
Quote: This was something that surprised me, maybe I should change my benchmark from QQQ to Dow Rails :-)

Attachment 7196
Maybe Warren Buffett is onto something
Quote: Maybe Warren Buffett is onto something
Freight rail lines: like land, they’re not making any more of it.
Quote: Freight rail lines: like land, they’re not making any more of it.
And now they are defecto pipelines in the Ole USA, literally.
Quote: This was something that surprised me, maybe I should change my benchmark from QQQ to Dow Rails :-)

Attachment 7196
Next 20 years will be a similar chart with energy on top

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Quote: Freight rail lines: like land, they’re not making any more of it.
They only go from point A to point B, with stops in between. Aircraft can go any where there is an airport. Sure this limitation on flexibility is something akin to a limited competition. Or so my mind thinks after a few beers.
After my beer wears off I would wish to take a look at volume and tonnage moved on the surface vs the same via air.
Quote: After my beer wears off I would wish to take a look at volume and tonnage moved on the surface vs the same via air.
LMGTFY
U.S. Ton-Miles of Freight | Bureau of Transportation Statistics (bts.gov)
Quote: Next 20 years will be a similar chart with energy on top

I have absolutely no idea about this, but I’ll take the opposite side of that trade. Just for fun. If it’s true YOU can say it’s because you’re smart. If it ends up not being true, WE can say because I got lucky. I’ll almost always take the other side of a trade because #NKA.

See you in 2033 on this one! Hope you’re keeping track.
Quote: I have absolutely no idea about this, but I’ll take the opposite side of that trade. Just for fun. If it’s true YOU can say it’s because you’re smart. If it ends up not being true, WE can say because I got lucky. I’ll almost always take the other side of a trade because #NKA.

See you in 2033 on this one! Hope you’re keeping track.
OK I may of been overzealous on this one. I only have clarity on energy equities for next 5 years. Beyond that when supply gets flooded while capital rushes in(sort of like the bloody streaming war right now) all bets are off

Charitable Giving Reminder
For those of you slaying it in the stock market…

Donating appreciated assets is a tax efficient way of funding your favorite charities. If you donate a stock that has doubled in value for example from $50 to $100, you get the full $100 deduction, the charity gets the full $100 and Uncle Sam gets $0 in tax. If you sell the stock to make the donation, .gov gets “their fair share”. Many worthy causes can’t easily receive appreciated stocks which makes a Donor Advised Fund a good charitable tool. Both Fidelity and Vanguard make the process easy. Donate stock to your charitable fund, then use the portal when making grants to charities. As an added bonus you can simplify tax preparation with one annual tax deductible contribution but fund multiple donations.
8  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  28 
Page 18 of 36
Go to