United vs Delta

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 12
Go to
I thought the snarky responses were excellent! Glad you got one nice accurate post about where things stand with our LAX base. I highly recommend coming here if you want LAX.
Quote: Thank you everyone for your input. The metrics I’m using to decide partially include opinions from this forum.

For those of you who’s took the time to answer with helpful information about either UA or DL depending on where you work, thank you very much for your input. It’s nice to have some inside info.

For those of you who answered with snarky comments about how California is too expensive to live and about Tax issues. Thank you also for providing an inside look at how working next to you will be like.

Very interesting to see the difference to the exact same post on both airlines forum with one CLEAR winner for the title of most disgruntled bunch.
Thanks again
I say go to Delta.

Based on the last eat convention this weekend, UAL seemed very weak in many areas compared to Delta.
Quote:

For those of you who answered with snarky comments about how California is too expensive to live and about Tax issues. Thank you also for providing an inside look at how working next to you will be like.
Oh FFS, do us a favor and go to Delta. Anyone asking Internet randos to help decide a significant professional decision who then gets chapped at a little snark WHILE defending the tax burdens of California needs to re-examine their judgement
Quote: Oh FFS, do us a favor and go to Delta. Anyone asking Internet randos to help decide a significant professional decision then gets chapped at a little snark WHILE defending the tax burdens of California needs to re-examine their judgement
They posted the exact same response in both threads, pretty sure that barb was to the Delta people.

I hope OP picks United, it’d be nice to fly with more people that don’t immediately add their unsolicited input on where I happily live.
Quote:
No matter which airline you choose, you're gonna be staring out the window on all your trips. Enjoy it!
I had the same choice to make a few weeks ago. I chose united for a few reasons

-united offered a class three weeks from CJO (DL is 16+ weeks(
-I live near a junior UAL base
-united has hired less in the past 5 years than delta
-united has more retirements over the next 5 years
- full pay in training at United vs DL 5000$ish training pay
-a ton more WB flying if that’s you’re thing

pros for DL
-profit sharing eligibility within first year
-no probation for upgrade
-generally has better finances than the other legacies

I didn’t include all the pros and cons but those are the ones that stood out to me. There’s a ton of threads with this specific question from past years, it has a lot of good Information. Try searching those for better answers. I It’s pretty hard to ask for advice on an online forum (not just APC) and not get some snarky comments. The position to be able to choose between the top legacies is amazing. I wish you the best of luck!
When do UAL pilots become eligible for profit sharing?
Thanks
The first year after your full year. IE if you come on property today, you’re going to be waiting till 2024 to be eligible.
Quote: The first year after your full year. IE if you come on property today, you’re going to be waiting till 2024 to be eligible.
Slightly misleading:

For UA - if you come on today, you will be eligible for 2023 profit sharing, which pays out in 2024
For DL - if you come on today, you will be eligible for a prorated portion of the 2022 profit sharing, which is paid out in 2023.

So, basically UA doesn't prorate your service for the year in which you arrive. Getting a class date in Nov or Dec, this is a very small difference. Getting a class date in January, this becomes an almost full year difference. For 2022 both airlines are going to have a profit and all us old folks will all get a profit sharing check in 2023. All UA new hires that got hired after Jan 1, 2022 will not get anything, so that is a bunch of folks that won't get a share.

I am hopeful that we can get that addressed in the new contract. (I would absolutely give up my Tumi for it!!!)
Quote: Slightly misleading:

For UA - if you come on today, you will be eligible for 2023 profit sharing, which pays out in 2024
For DL - if you come on today, you will be eligible for a prorated portion of the 2022 profit sharing, which is paid out in 2023.

So, basically UA doesn't prorate your service for the year in which you arrive. Getting a class date in Nov or Dec, this is a very small difference. Getting a class date in January, this becomes an almost full year difference. For 2022 both airlines are going to have a profit and all us old folks will all get a profit sharing check in 2023. All UA new hires that got hired after Jan 1, 2022 will not get anything, so that is a bunch of folks that won't get a share.

I am hopeful that we can get that addressed in the new contract. (I would absolutely give up my Tumi for it!!!)
Speak for yourself
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 12
Go to