Hiring 2023

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11  51 
Page 1 of 64
Go to
Hows the interview turnout?

Sound off.
Interviewed on the 11th, CJO sent on the 12th, call from Houston Chief Pilot on the 13th. There were a dozen or so in the AM session and appeared to be similar in the PM session. Not sure how it turned out for everyone else.
What was the mix of pilot backgrounds? Any noshows? Sounds like a small group.
healthy mix, several military, a few corporate and regionals, one gal at Alaska. Even a former USAF guy that had been out of flying for a few years (5-6 IIRC). The way SWA does their process makes it hard to track how the interviews went for everyone, so I cant say what the final count is for CJO's. Sounds like they might not even know until after the Pilot Desicion Board on the 24th? Not sure how they decide who goes to the PDB and who gets the CJO right away.
Quote: healthy mix, several military, a few corporate and regionals, one gal at Alaska. Even a former USAF guy that had been out of flying for a few years (5-6 IIRC). The way SWA does their process makes it hard to track how the interviews went for everyone, so I cant say what the final count is for CJO's. Sounds like they might not even know until after the Pilot Desicion Board on the 24th? Not sure how they decide who goes to the PDB and who gets the CJO right away.
How many did you see waiting in the lobby when you arrived for your interview?
Quote: How many did you see waiting in the lobby when you arrived for your interview?
I was the morning session. There were 12-15 each session, so 25-30 for the day. They implied that was low.
Quote: I was the morning session. There were 12-15 each session, so 25-30 for the day. They implied that was low.
That is low. I had 27 in mine for the AM group and it was a similar amount for the PM group. My interview was Nov 8.
If I'm not mistaken, we have fewer pilots now than before China flu. That's after hiring.
Quote: If I'm not mistaken, we have fewer pilots now than before China flu. That's after hiring.
Nah we surpassed 2019.

We topped out at 9800 or 9900 then. We have over 10100 now.
Almost no gain then. Maybe 300 in 3 years.
1  2  3  4  5  11  51 
Page 1 of 64
Go to