Is the new bar set too high??

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 10
Go to
Quote: Travel bloggers as rule hate airline workers.
Pilots are overpaid button pushers, and I won’t even get into what they think of FAs.

We have the gaul to fly standby at get upgrades now and again is a major issue for them.
Unless you work for Air France, I think it's gall. 🤷‍♂️😉
Quote: https://onemileatatime.com/insights/pilot-pay-raises-sustainable/

Are the rates achieved by DL and likely UA and AA sustainable?
Pay/benefits package are still about 40% lower than peak (adjusted for inflation), so definitely sustainable.
Poorly researched tripe. I stopped reading when he said Delta’s JNB flight required 1 captain and 3 FOs
Quote: Pull up any inflation calculator and punch in the 12yr CA rate from any previous contract. Adjusting for inflation we’re not seeing such massive % gains in hourly rates.

Realistically I think you can kind of disregard pay rates prior to 2001, or at least consider them in the proper context: Airline labor pay was still running on a lot of inertia from pre-deregulation. 2001 and 2008 most likely reset that, so now we're expanding the envelope in the 21st century post-deregulation world.

How will it ultimately compare to de-regulation era? I dunno, but that's really not much more than an academic exercise... that was then, this is now.
I always thought that pay rates prior to deregulation were meaningless. The whole "You could buy a Cadillac a month" was meaningless (especially when you consider the average Cadillac from 1972 has nothing in common with a modern one). But actually looking back at any pilot pay is meaningless. This industry has NEVER been stable. Please point to a 10-year period where it was. Supply and demand rules. Delta had no problem paying 200% for pilots to operate flights for the last 2 years. That's more than we got in the new contract! That tells me we are worth a ton to them. Is any airline really going to turn down the revenue of 180 tickets because the flight crew costs $550/hr instead of $400/hr????
It’s important to have a bar set at the correct height. And that bar needs to be well stocked with an assortment of higher end liquors, at a price point which keeps the rif-raf and douchebags out. No TV’s. The well bourbon will be Basil Haden.
Yeah, let’s leave some money on the table when we’re in the only pilot shortage many of us will ever see.
Delta and United will be able to afford the new rates/contracts. AA may not…
Quote: Delta and United will be able to afford the new rates/contracts. AA may not…
Hilarious.
Quote: Hilarious.
Not really. It’s simple numbers. They’re just not nearly as profitable.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 10
Go to