Annoying copilot

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 13
Go to
Hi, just thought I'd start a new convo, I was wondering if you are a captain, what are some things that annoy you that some first officers do, and if you are a first officer what are some annoying things some captains do? I am just wondering because sometimes when you work one job you don't really realize something you are doing may bother the other crew member. Flight attandants speak up too. Anything from not following certain procedures to not turning off the hot mike... whatever..... Not looking for a bashing of first officers please just thought certain etiquette is not always taught and people may be clueless for awhile until someone tells them. I, as well as other pilots I'm sure, would hate to step on toes without even knowing I am doing it.
big pet peave, person i am flying with touching my yoke... even if i have the hotmike on. ask, i will be more than happy to turn it off. just don't touch my crap.... I don't touch yours.
Sarcasm Mode ON ...
Whan I wake up and find my Captain sleeping at the wheel ...

Later, Brown CC

My pet peeve is when the non flying pilot keeps hitting the heading sync when the AP is engaged and in LNAV.
Hogging the dispatch release on a quick turn.
Quote: Hogging the dispatch release on a quick turn.
thats a good one...
Quote: My pet peeve is when the non flying pilot keeps hitting the heading sync when the AP is engaged and in LNAV.
just sloppy to not have it lined up... one of mine is to have it all cockeyed in the wrong direction.. haha...
Quote: just sloppy to not have it lined up... one of mine is to have it all cockeyed in the wrong direction.. haha...
I think his point was that if you're not flying, hands off!
When the guy in the left seat keep showing pictures of his boat, jet ski, and other toys, then ask to borrow a dollar to tip van driver or leave without tipping at all...When the guy in the right seat keeps complaining about his lack of finance, then order steak and lobster at dinner.
yeah... but that doesn't affect the autopilot/flight guidance at all... However, I do think its the flying pilots responsibility to do that. If he/she is not. I don't have a problem with the non fly hitting the button. When I forget, and the nonfly hits it, i usually say thanks... And appreciate it... But thats just me...
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 13
Go to