Widget Wx Looping Radar

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to
Quote: A little but with all the injury awareness now I don't want to be responsible for FA injuries, let alone our HVCs. My wifi doesn't ever "see" the network anymore, which is weird because on the ground it automatically connects to everything including my home wifi, cell hotspot, lounge network and the A000s
The other trick is type in F500A or as appropriate (case sensitive), select no security and try to connect. It'll fail but make it see the network. Have you tried that?
Quote: The other trick is type in F500A or as appropriate (case sensitive), select no security and try to connect. It'll fail but make it see the network. Have you tried that?
Yup, it sees it for a moment and tries to connect, and when it can't it disappears again. I've tried all the recommended fixes and none work. I'm just waiting for the universal fix they keep promising when I contact the help desk or pilot assist. Usually the other pilot can get some thing or I save the snapshot from the cell connection on the ground. It's not ideal but I confirm it with ATC before the seatbelts switch is moved, the old school way.
I find myself really never wanting to use any of these app tools in-flight at all. By the time I can actually connect to Widget WX its after top of D anyway......How often do you find yourself in an area of a supposed good ride on Widget WX but your flipping the SB sign back on looking for lower because the ride sucks?.........Maybe it'll get better with future versions but I just close it all out most of the time.....
Quote: I find myself really never wanting to use any of these app tools in-flight at all. By the time I can actually connect to Widget WX its after top of D anyway......How often do you find yourself in an area of a supposed good ride on Widget WX but your flipping the SB sign back on looking for lower because the ride sucks?.........Maybe it'll get better with future versions but I just close it all out most of the time.....
In my experience widget weather is right more times than it's wrong. Of course it's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.
Quote: A little but with all the injury awareness now I don't want to be responsible for FA injuries, let alone our HVCs. My wifi doesn't ever "see" the network anymore, which is weird because on the ground it automatically connects to everything including my home wifi, cell hotspot, lounge network and the A000s
did you follow the APB instructions?
Quote: did you follow the APB instructions?
Why you gotta be so nasty?

Perhaps a nicer way to put it would be:

"Hey notEnuf, there was an troubleshooting guide on the F500 network issues connecting to our iPads. Some folks are having issues. Check it out, You can find it in Aerodocs > EFB Support and User Guides > F500A Troubleshooting Guide"

BTW it was not an APB.

Why you got to be this way OOfff???

Dang.
Quote: Why you gotta be so nasty?

Perhaps a nicer way to put it would be:

"Hey notEnuf, there was an troubleshooting guide on the F500 network issues connecting to our iPads. Some folks are having issues. Check it out, You can find it in Aerodocs > EFB Support and User Guides > F500A Troubleshooting Guide"

BTW it was not an APB.

Why you got to be this way OOfff???

Dang.
sorry I didn’t realize you were so sensitive to words
Quote: I find myself really never wanting to use any of these app tools in-flight at all. By the time I can actually connect to Widget WX its after top of D anyway......How often do you find yourself in an area of a supposed good ride on Widget WX but your flipping the SB sign back on looking for lower because the ride sucks?.........Maybe it'll get better with future versions but I just close it all out most of the time.....
You on the 717?
Quote: sorry I didn’t realize you were so sensitive to words
You mean like that word we aren't allowed to say here anymore. The kind of precipitation that happens in winter up north.
Quote: You on the 717?
I am..........I didn't mean to be anti technology or angry with the new tools we have, and i'm sure it will all continue to improve in the future and will all be great. But I honestly find myself just shutting it all down and going about it the old way. After both of us are done looking like fools waving our Ipads in the air trying to connect to the bandwidth thats obviously better back by the jumpseat
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 5 of 6
Go to