Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to
Landed in den the other day from the east coast with 20+
VFR everywhere $0.09 cheaper fuel ?????
Quote: Landed in den the other day from the east coast with 20+
VFR everywhere $0.09 cheaper fuel ?????
Do you mean 20,000 pounds? I know we tanker when able - but I always thought it cost 10 percent to carry that fuel. IDK 🤷‍♂️. But as far as diverting. I have diverted 3 times in 10 years. Once was for the mass shooting on OCT 1 in las. So I guess it is rare. The other 2 was weather and medical.
Quote: Do you mean 20,000 pounds? I know we tanker when able - but I always thought it cost 10 percent to carry that fuel. IDK 🤷‍♂️. But as far as diverting. I have diverted 3 times in 10 years. Once was for the mass shooting on OCT 1 in las. So I guess it is rare. The other 2 was weather and medical.
yes....... fuel leaving NC 40k
Quote: yes....... fuel leaving NC 40k
I heard they accidentally topped off couple planes in ATL the other day. Maybe just a SNAFU in the GI use of the acronym.
Quote: I heard they accidentally topped off couple planes in ATL the other day. Maybe just a SNAFU in the GI use of the acronym.
Flew a plane the other day on a 2.3hr turn that started with 41k.....
Quote: Flew a plane the other day on a 2.3hr turn that started with 41k.....
yes I’ve seen that. I picked up a plane in ATL with almost full fuel. They took it off of SFO and gave it to me for LGA- we cancelled because they couldn’t defuel it.
Quote: Flew a plane the other day on a 2.3hr turn that started with 41k.....
But make sure you don't run the APU
Quote: but make sure you don't run the apu
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣
Quote: Agree. There’s gotta be a whoooooole lot more to it than just releasing the brake before data is received. My guess, even if the two months off is even true, captain was warned multiple times to stop whatever he was doing unless it was egregious like departing with an airplane OOS with a significant MEL affecting safety of flight. I can see getting a couple months for something like that.
Just throwing this out there all Hypothetical of course
If you had a "Breaks Hot " ECAM would it allow you to relese the Parking Break as a matter of course of preforming the ECAM. Who is to say this can not be done after the aircraft is secured by the Tug with both pilots ready at the controls. For safety This may or may not happen before or after the number come back.

That said there is something else going on here. It is in everybodys intrest to have on time Departure.
Quote: Just throwing this out there all Hypothetical of course
If you had a "Breaks Hot " ECAM would it allow you to relese the Parking Break as a matter of course of preforming the ECAM. Who is to say this can not be done after the aircraft is secured by the Tug with both pilots ready at the controls. For safety This may or may not happen before or after the number come back.

That said there is something else going on here. It is in everybodys intrest to have on time Departure.
It’s normal to get “hot brakes” at the gate and leave the parking brake on up to 500C. (321CEO) They are carbon fiber and won’t weld like a steel brake. Most of our planes have brake fans also.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to