United Airlines Growth Halted By The FAA

Subscribe
14  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  34 
Page 24 of 43
Go to
From another forum.

“Adding fuel to the fire here's the latest from a meeting at TK:

We’ve had 17 FSIs in the past 2 years. Straight from our Fed, Frenchy: Feds “auditing” UAL and putting a hold on basically anything new until June (90 days). This means no new planes, new routes, new LCPs, and PIs (PIs in the process of getting fully qualified will be put on hold). However, he did say this was fluid and things may change between now and then. In addition to UAL APDs, National Feds will have a presence in the cockpit and at TK during this audit. “Just do your job” if a Fed appears.

Getting only 5 787s this fall (originally 10 in Spring 2024 and then was pushed the fall and now just 5 in the fall)

Maui happened after AC120-123, so it wasn’t the reason for the AC, but Maui wasn’t discussed otherwise.

“Check Path” is coming to a FOM near you in April. This is UAL’s response to the AC. LOTS of questions and consternation over this new phrase. The day was pretty cordial until this was brought up.

Company Kool-Aid was less than usual but definitely still evident. The dichotomy of both “SAFETY FIRST” and the need for customer engagement (NPS) was present, for instance. Overall, the typical style over substance and glossing over the real problems the company has created for itself.”
Quote: I was expecting this incident and/or the PDX DC-8 crash to be brought up on this thread as an issue with United.
Kind of apples to oranges.

The 777/744 ALMOST resulted in a crash.

The 777/744 were errors in straightforward airmanship. IE; flying the plane after it was put into an UAS. Whether an improper flap retract or a compressor stall.

PDX was complete CRM breakdown from channlized attention, and lack of advocacy/teamwork.
Quote: Kind of apples to oranges.

The 777/744 ALMOST resulted in a crash.
You missed the point. People will go way back in United's incident/accident history to make a point about recent issues. I find the Maui 777, which happened more than a year ago, not related to recent problems. However, it was not well addressed by flt ops as a warning that we need to emphasize safety. And I don't think that they understand yet; unless there is an emphasis only on safety and nothing else, then they continue to fail.
Quote: You missed the point.
You missed the point.

I only brought up the 744 in SFO simply because how close it came to catastrophe. NOT to "dig up dirt" on our employer.
All I see when I read your comment
Quote: If all these "inexperienced" pilots are so dangerous and causing so many incidents...how come regional jets aren't falling out of the sky left and right?
Please...so many holes in the cheese have to line up for an airplane to crash. You think no crash=perfectly safe? There is a lot of in between...I would love to see their FOQA data
Quote: Please...so many holes in the cheese have to line up for an airplane to crash. You think no crash=perfectly safe? There is a lot of in between...I would love to see their FOQA data
Why ruin his deluded state.
Quote: This thread sucks.
Agreed, so…any news on the CHEP?
Quote: Please...so many holes in the cheese have to line up for an airplane to crash. You think no crash=perfectly safe? There is a lot of in between...I would love to see their FOQA data

How many new hires even know the Swiss cheese theory?

When was the last time we took a CRM class like we used to? 200 people packed in a room talking about NPS wasn’t the same thing.
Quote: How many new hires even know the Swiss cheese theory?

When was the last time we took a CRM class like we used to? 200 people packed in a room talking about NPS wasn’t the same thing.
Who needs to know the swiss cheese model when you have DEI.
14  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  34 
Page 24 of 43
Go to