FY08 Force shaping updates...

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 13 of 14
Go to
Quote: I think the one I got was for the SAMA,
I think this whole Cessna 172 thing is just rumor, started by people who were just referring to general aviation airplanes as C-172s generically.

I've never seen anything officially that the IZAF had, or was going to train in, 172s. If someone has a message that says this, please post it -- I'd love to see it.

The two iterations I've seen of the "Iraqi UPT" message have always only talked about CH-200s, or that Zel-air airplane...all stuff that looks like they went shopping at OshKosh for their new Air Force.
I definitely have emails stating that training will take place in the C-172. They are on my work email, so I don't have access to them right now. I will post on Monday if no one else posts it.
Quote: I definitely have emails stating that training will take place in the C-172. They are on my work email, so I don't have access to them right now. I will post on Monday if no one else posts it.
I'd like to see it. Not that I doubt you, I'm just curious why I got some but not all. Love that "DPAR robot", those emails are always good for a laugh (and shudder)
I'm becoming increasingly interested in this since I'm slated to go to PIT in January and then on to Vance. I've heard one of the pre-req's for this C-172 tour is to have gone through the CFIC. I don't know anyone personally who has been subjected to this and was looking for some first hand info.
Quote: I'm becoming increasingly interested in this since I'm slated to go to PIT in January and then on to Vance. I've heard one of the pre-req's for this C-172 tour is to have gone through the CFIC. I don't know anyone personally who has been subjected to this and was looking for some first hand info.
What's "CFIC?" I can understand your position. Seems like they can't take all that many people over to do it, whatever the aircraft ends up being. Then again if you're qualified for it, your odds are greater than zero. I'll touch base with some buds at AETC see what the gossip over there is on filling these slots.
just the course that you take when you become an instructor in an MWS (flight instructor course)
Talked to a bud at RND, he knows of 3 guys on their way from there. Doesn't know of anyone from UPT bases, but that's nothing approaching gospel.
The AFPC website -> 365 tdys: shows both locations and what the job entails. That's for real...I've seen the email traffic.

What's not for sure is the rumor that I heard they have well over several hundred billets to fill.
Quote: just the course that you take when you become an instructor in an MWS (flight instructor course)
Is that a heavy thing? IP upgrade in a fighter unit is done in-house and not as part of a formal training course.
Wow, so the AFPC website does talk about the C-172...and the C-208!

Listing also says that all IPs must be PIT grads or previous FTU instructors.

A quick Google showed this gem from 16 August:

Quote:
Cessna was awarded a $10.6 million contract for 18 C-172 single-engine piston aircraft for use by the Iraqi Air Force for introductory pilot training. It includes one year of logistics support services in Iraq.

Of the total, $7.5 million has been obligated for eight C-172 aircraft and the one year of support and spare parts. The remaining 10 aircraft are order options that may be purchased at a later date.

Deliveries to Iraq will begin in October and continue through September 2008, the Department of Defense said.
3  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 13 of 14
Go to