Ameriflight

Subscribe
17  67  107  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  127  167  217 
Page 117 of 567
Go to
Quote: ^^^THIS, and this is coming from a guy who has literally done it all in aviation. Enjoy your retirement John, you will be missed around here.
Rats . . . my cover is blown. . . .
Quote: Rats . . . my cover is blown. . . .
It was blown when you first started posting. Just no one said it.
I was Amflight 99-2001. It was an adventure. Being from florida flying on the West coast in the mountains really made me the pilot I am today. Started in the Lance and left a 99 Captain. I left to take a job with Comair and hired on Sept. 12, 2001. I thought that Delta Connection jet time would lead me to better places. Spent a decade there and never approached the happiness I had at Amflight. All those years at the regional flying glass had become so boring that when pilots got together we would talk about anything but flying. I miss flying to San Diego with my surfboard, or to Mamouth with the snowboard.. I do remember a time being switched from a day skedule to a night skedule and coming back from Oakland so tired I turned the ac heater off in the Chieftan to stay awake, nodding off the whole flight, scared I could not stay awake to land. Got on the ground and they wantsd me to bust duty limits and fly to Vegas. When I refused the Chief Pilot Stu Schrock delved into my records and gave me a disciplanary action letter in my file fore checking in 5 minutes late six months prior. Now that I am on the 747 classic flying is fun again. I would recommend Amflight but beware.
Quote: I would recommend Amflight but beware.
Why beware?

I am a noob so go easy on me please.
Quote: Why beware?

I am a noob so go easy on me please.
Former AMFer's can be a little more open about the negatives, but bear in mind, their input can be outdated. Take it for what it's worth.

Also bear in mind, current AMF guys have a social media policy they have to adhere to, and this isn't exactly anonymous, especially with a pilot group as small as it its. So take that for what it's worth too.
Anyone familiar with housing options near the Oakland base? It sounds like if my technical interview goes well that is where I am going to be for a while. I don't really want to sign any long term leases.
Great times at Ameriflight. I was based out of Burbank and Ontario. Hands down the best experience you will ever get flying.
Quote: Anyone familiar with housing options near the Oakland base? It sounds like if my technical interview goes well that is where I am going to be for a while. I don't really want to sign any long term leases.
I stayed in Alameda. Great times, close to bars, etc.
Quote: I stayed in Alameda. Great times, close to bars, etc.
Many short term leases in that area? I need to keep my cost down. My wife is staying in Parker, CO where I have a house.
How difficult is it to hold San Juan or Miami at Ameriflight? If you have multi turbine PIC experience do you still have to start in a Navajo? Thanks
17  67  107  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  127  167  217 
Page 117 of 567
Go to