Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 08:48 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2024

Originally Posted by sethstonflyer View Post
I know they fly out of GEG, PDX, PHX, LAX, DFW, and OMA in the western half of the US, not sure about all the others. It all depends on where they need people though for where you will end up if you get hired.
Originally Posted by QRH Bingo View Post
The 99 is a workhorse and typically at nearly every base but things do change from time to time. They are also flown by Wiggins (which AMF owns) in the northeast. I'm sure buffdriver will get a solid answer to you soon.
Within weeks, Wiggins will just be AMF. Wiggins will not operate on their own anymore after loosing their FedEx contract. Lots of unknown details of how things will change for their current operation. But there are now about a dozen more be99s in the NE and even more caravans in the Ameriflight fleet. I believe most BE99s out there are MHT based and assume you’ll be able to bid for those in the near future.
Old 03-05-2024, 03:20 PM
Freight Dog

Joined APC: Jul 2023
Position: PIC
Default Caravans

Originally Posted by fboCalmRoom View Post
Within weeks, Wiggins will just be AMF. Wiggins will not operate on their own anymore after loosing their FedEx contract. Lots of unknown details of how things will change for their current operation. But there are now about a dozen more be99s in the NE and even more caravans in the Ameriflight fleet. I believe most BE99s out there are MHT based and assume you’ll be able to bid for those in the near future.
Those Caravans are going to Mountain Air Cargo and CSA. Fedex lease them to the feeders, lease are terminated to Wiggins. AMFlight won't/can't operate them.
Old 03-08-2024, 04:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by fboCalmRoom View Post

Is this related to the 2 recent crashes with Wiggins 99?
Old 03-11-2024, 10:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
Is this related to the 2 recent crashes with Wiggins 99?
My understanding is it is about FedEx doing a restructer of their feeder network and cutting back on the number of operators.

Neither Wiggins crash has involved a FedEx aircraft.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
My understanding is it is about FedEx doing a restructer of their feeder network and cutting back on the number of operators.

But the 99's and the 208's were on the same certificate, right? Perhaps there are rumblings of a suspension, and FedEx decided to cut their losses and get out.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:24 AM
Freight Dog

Joined APC: Jul 2023
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post

My understanding is Wiggin's training record wasn't well kept to Fedex standards, hapened twice. Since they didn't want to comply, Fedex terminated their contract.

I was also told that one of their ex pilot who moved on to another feeder, says they didn't want to pay them till the last day of the contract. Fedex found out about this and force them to pay their pilots till the last day; they had already receive the advance sum.
Old 03-18-2024, 02:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by AsianPilot View Post
My understanding is Wiggin's training record wasn't well kept to Fedex standards, hapened twice. Since they didn't want to comply, Fedex terminated their contract.

I was also told that one of their ex pilot who moved on to another feeder, says they didn't want to pay them till the last day of the contract. Fedex found out about this and force them to pay their pilots till the last day; they had already receive the advance sum.
Yep, sounds like Wiggins.
Old 03-24-2024, 07:47 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2022
Position: tech ops 737
Default Training pay

Can anyone elaborate on the actual monthly gross pay while on training. According to APC it's 12.88 an hour. If monthly pay is 72 hours of pay then that's only about $1000 a month. Is that pay all the way through the end of OE? Also, does anyone know what the schedules and equpment are out of Lansing or Puerto rico?

Thanks
Old 03-25-2024, 07:50 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2023

Originally Posted by atpmax View Post
Can anyone elaborate on the actual monthly gross pay while on training. According to APC it's 12.88 an hour. If monthly pay is 72 hours of pay then that's only about $1000 a month. Is that pay all the way through the end of OE? Also, does anyone know what the schedules and equpment are out of Lansing or Puerto rico?

Thanks
Monthly pay is not 72 hours. You get 8 hours per day, so 40 hrs per week. ~160 hrs a month. Plus $35 daily per diem while in training. You maintain that pay until OE is complete, then you lose the per diem but get your hourly pay bump.

Last edited by BustedGear; 03-25-2024 at 07:54 AM. Reason: per diem edit
Old 03-25-2024, 04:02 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Lansing is typically six days a week. It's not atypical to be out around 5am and back by 9pm. Long days. Some runs are out and backs. Look at Flight Aware app if you want to see the schedule.