Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2023, 02:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by Plabelover View Post
Is it a good place to work to build multi time and go to a ULCC or even a legacy after if I get hired with the minimum requirements?
Not sure about a legacy, but pretty sure an ULCC would pick you up. AMF does have a good variety of airframes, so you could upgrade from one to the next, or work on the charter side if it fits your lifestyle.
Old 07-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2023
Position: Student pilot

Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
Not sure about a legacy, but pretty sure an ULCC would pick you up. AMF does have a good variety of airframes, so you could upgrade from one to the next, or work on the charter side if it fits your lifestyle.
Thank you! do you mind if I ask if commuting is a possibility at AMF or should I be living in one of their bases. Thank you!
Old 07-18-2023, 10:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Thank you! do you mind if I ask if commuting is a possibility at AMF or should I be living in one of their bases. Thank you!
Commuting is not really possible, at least on their scheduled runs (I do not know how they work the charter side of things, but assuming as an FO, you will not be "home based"). You will need to live in base, or at least have a place to stay. Sure, you could attempt to go "home" on Saturday/Sunday, but you'll need to be back Monday. Different bases have different schedules but most runs are Mon-Fri with some Mon-Sat so there just is not enough time to make commuting home for the weekend viable.
Old 07-18-2023, 11:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2023
Position: Student pilot

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo View Post
Commuting is not really possible, at least on their scheduled runs (I do not know how they work the charter side of things, but assuming as an FO, you will not be "home based"). You will need to live in base, or at least have a place to stay. Sure, you could attempt to go "home" on Saturday/Sunday, but you'll need to be back Monday. Different bases have different schedules but most runs are Mon-Fri with some Mon-Sat so there just is not enough time to make commuting home for the weekend viable.
when you get hired are bases assigned to you or based on age?
Old 07-18-2023, 02:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

when you get hired are bases assigned to you or based on age?
You apply for a certain airframe and base......others will open up over time.

I'm not sure what process they use if you are flying a BE99 run for example and want to bid a B1900 run.
Old 07-18-2023, 02:56 PM
Missing from the Crashpad

Joined APC: Jan 2022
Position: 767 Right of center, most days

Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
You apply for a certain airframe and base......others will open up over time.

I'm not sure what process they use if you are flying a BE99 run for example and want to bid a B1900 run.
They post a vacancy bid every so often and anyone can bid any base/equipment they can hold. AMF is not a commutable job, you must live in whatever base your run is. Most pilots (except the ESCS charter) work 5 days a week and the runs are out and backs. You can go TDY to other bases also from time to time.
Old 07-19-2023, 08:02 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Is it a good place to work to build multi time and go to a ULCC or even a legacy after if I get hired with the minimum requirements?
For me, AMF was a great time and confidence builder in the airplane. I became a 99 capt with just over 300 hrs in airplanes (flew different category aircraft before).
Most leave AMF for ULCC or ACMI on the cargo side, but a legacy isn’t unheard of. Just had a guy go from AMF straight to Delta this year, but he was an instructor, check airman, and had a letter of recommendation.
Old 08-16-2023, 09:45 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2023
Position: Turbo Beaver PIC

So for someone who is living in Seattle they would realistically need to move to Spokane in order to work for Ameriflight?
Old 08-16-2023, 03:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by mauleman View Post
So for someone who is living in Seattle they would realistically need to move to Spokane in order to work for Ameriflight?
Depends on what they have open and which routes need to be filled. You need to ask their recruiters or go to their job listings and poke around every other day or so. But yes, you really need to live wherever you are based.
I know for sure they have one person in BLI that comes open from time to time. They used to have pilots at BFI too, tho I am unsure if that is still staffed. I still see a 99 sitting on the ramp in SEA, tho I do not know where it is based.
Old 08-17-2023, 04:38 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2023
Position: Turbo Beaver PIC

Depends on what they have open and which routes need to be filled. You need to ask their recruiters or go to their job listings and poke around every other day or so. But yes, you really need to live wherever you are based.
I know for sure they have one person in BLI that comes open from time to time. They used to have pilots at BFI too, tho I am unsure if that is still staffed. I still see a 99 sitting on the ramp in SEA, tho I do not know where it is based.
Ok thanks great to know there's a possibility for staying in the Seattle area.