One year left in Navy, questions about Netjets.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Coop, someone gave you bad gouge, the military conversion is 1.2 or 1.3 (depending on airline) times your military flight time, Netjets is x 1.2, the add .2 to each sortie is not correct.
I feel your pain, only recently did I have enough hours for UPS. I guess you just have to put the time in, that's what worked for me...good luck.

FF
Quote: Suck ... Oh well, I guess I won't be looking at NetJets then. Thanks for the info.
Cooperd0g,
If you went NMM may even have flown with you..
If Netjets is truly somewhere you want to end up, my .02 cents is:

1. Apply to Netjets if their systems allows. It will show interest and will possibly be flagged later at the interview as someone with longterm interests rather than "just looking for a job" when you do meet the time requirements. (Worked for me)
2. You will have no problem getting hired at a regional that fits your needs to get remaining 121 hours inside 2 years. (Majors may be a tougher route or a less desirable place to burn a potential future job.)
3. Save cash now for the huge paycut or.
4. Line up future flying Navy/Guard gig. This will easliy cover the income loss from the regional (and still allow hours to accrue at the regional).
Would say that potentially 3 years from now you would be at Netjets (market willing)
I would try Cape Air. You'll sign a 6 month contract, and get about 80-100 hrs a month. They have jump-sit agreenments with most airlines, so commuting to Hyannis, or Boston should be easy. Do your 6 months, at the end you should be able to fill all the boxes on the NJ app. A King Air gig (there are hundreds) will pay you more, but it could take a year or more for those 500 hrs. Training at Cape Air is short and easy, I did it 6 years ago.
AmeriFlight, and Airnet could also be good stepping stones depending on where you live.

A regional airline will be a pain in the a***, and time consumning. It will be a month and half before you're flying the line, then you'll be on reserve for a few of months. Not to mention the $800 you'll dropp on uniforms, and union fees.

ps FX and CS make a great plan B........
I'm hearing 1.2 x flight time and i'm hearing .2 per sortie for military. Is there anywhere to find the official deal with that?

Thanks
Triumph,

A lot of times it depends on the particular employer. Many of them will list how they want you to convert your time. I think most folks will go with the .2 or .3 per sortie conversion. So, just take your time then add your sortie X .2 or .3 to that. Again, check with each place though. I think EOS lets us take our time and multiply it by 1.5 to get your total time...your mileage may vary.

GNH
hey, thanks for the reply. In particular, i'm curious about netjets...
I can't remember if there is anything about it on the website or not. If there is nothing listed I will typically use the .3 per sortie conversion. This would give you 15-18 mins for taxi time per sortie, which I think is realistic and easy to justify to anyone. I have friends that use this method for all of their apps and have been hired by the majors/fractionals and it's what I've been using as well. But, check to see if they want some other conversion at each place...don't want to get accused of inflating your numbers!

GNH
Thought I had something from them...

Military Pilots may apply a 1.2 conversion factor to total military time (TT * 1.2) to meet the 2500 hour total time minimum.

This was an email I got from them. They also said to apply about 7 months out if interested.

GNH
Quote: I can understand the insurance thing, but it seems odd when I do qualify for all the major airlines, but not a small jet outfit.
Welcome to the civilian pilot market. They do the hiring, they set the rules for who they hire. It happens in all facets of the job.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to