Interesting FDX Info from RGS

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Quote: This is what's behind far too many posts here... Frankly, it's embarrassing.
Thanks, next time I will just email you.
Quote: Thanks, next time I will just email you.

Anything to avoid actually reading the contract, huh?
You two play nice. We are on the same team...

https://pilot.fedex.com/contract/cba/index.shtml
[/quote]However, the contract allows this, and always has been an option since I got here in 90. [/quote]

Actually, under the old contract there was a hierarchy that had to be followed making it highly unlikely that a reserve would ever be used.

Old contract section 11
When a pilot not being checked occupies a crew seat in a simulator in support of another pilot's check ride/LOE, that crew seat shall be filled in the following order:
i. Assigned to a flex instructor/PCA, LCA or SCA if available;
ii. Assigned to a supervisory pilot, if available;
iii. Offered to available reserve pilots;
iv. Assigned to a reserve pilot (only with prior approval of the V.P. Flight Operations or his designee, on a case by case basis.)
v. Offered to volunteer pilots
vi. Offered to draft pilot
Quote: Thanks, next time I will just email you.
Funny thing is, that section was also in my original post.
OK, just remembered the other interesting tidbit...

Subic will completely close mid December. Instructor said the whole airport will cease operations and will be closed to everyone, not just FDX. What freight we have going to PI will be flown in/out of Clark.
The HKG "sample bid packet" had daily flights to from MNL, not Clark.

But who knows.
Didn't the Philippine government come out about a month ago wanting to make MNL a domestic airport and Clark the international. I think things are a changing. Like FedEx would know what is going on... It's a dynamic game.

What would it take to keep SFS open? Tell a guy hey you can live in the tower cab and say cleared to land every now and then.
Quote: What would it take to keep SFS open? Tell a guy hey you can live in the tower cab and say cleared to land every now and then.
Hey, sounds like a great career change, as long as there is beer involved in the compensation package.
San Miguel.... I heard the formaldehyde preserves your liver.

Local Stipend. You get a case a beer a year and PriceWaterhouse audits you and you owe FDX the deposit on a case a month, and only received a six pack for the year.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to