Very sad story...

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to
My prayers go out to the family. Hopefully they are able to reach others and people will learn from this.

God Bless
Truly a sad story, and a warning to all of us. There but for the grace of God....

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/l...ry/391799.html
Definately not a good choice of words Albie. Drugs are choice but to comment so coldly without knowing the circumstances is just plain wrong.

May God Bless her and her family.....
Quote: Not true. Addiction is an illness, not a choice. They are increasingly finding that addiction is as pathological as any other illness.

Said like a real life recovering addict who's spent way to much time in therapy. Do you really believe all that psycho-babble they tell you in group therapy? You probably also believe that it's not your fault, it's a illness. Give me a break!
Wow, just cold...
Quote: Only sad if she was junior to you.

We got a lot of tragedy in the world--disease, accidents, and some just darn bad luck. Meth addiction, however nasty, isn't one of those things that sneaks up and shows up on a recurrent physical or an MRI. We are blessed in this world with getting to make some choices, and drugs...especially meth...is a horrible choice. Those educated enough to fly DC-8s around the world were probably aware of some of the downside risks.

Drugs do destroy lives. But unlike cancer, furloughs, accidents, or being a victim of crime, drugs don't come out of the dark and sneak up on us. We abuse them willfully.

Sorry if I'm not a ray of sunshine today. Three friends killed in plane crashes in the last month, and another little gal I know killed in a car wreck. I don't have enough tears or sadness to share with junkies today...
I bet you are a real treat to fly with! For Christ's sake SHE IS DEAD.
Luke 6:37
[ Judging Others ] "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Yes it is wrong and we must take responsibilities for our actions.

But for the grace of God we all make mistakes
Yeah, uncalled for. Just let it be if you've got nothing positive to say. Spoken like someone who's only read about stuff like this, but never seen it up close. Not that anyone should have too, but if you have it isn't pretty and you know it isn't nearly as 'clean' or simple as others make it out to be.
Can you send an Albie over to us to lead our troops with his compassion, not.
A, I understand your perspective but it is lost in this particular situation. My best wishes to you and yours...
WG
Was waiting for a response like Albie's, just surprised it was Albie.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to