Compass Benefits

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
Can anyone share info on Compass benefits. Looking for info from a family perspective, e.g. family health/dental insurance, travel bennies, vacation, etc. Do the travel benefits include Delta? or NWA only? If so, what are Delta travel bennies like? I heard the NW travel bennies are not the best. Thanks!

.... What's training pay like? When does training pay start?
I just interviewed on recently and here's the info I got:

Insurance is same as NWA employees get. BC&BS with employee contribution $295/mo for entire family, down to $90/mo for just yourself. Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD is also available. Benefits are available 30 days after your hire date.

Travel is available immediately on NWA for you and family, DL benefits start after six months employment. From what I gathered you travel free on NWA unless its first class. Sounds like they have several interline (ZED, ID90, etc) agreements available as well.

13 days of vacation are accrued your first year.

Training pay is as follows. 15hrs for completing the homestudy, paid 3-1/2 hrs per day for indoc in MSP, then min monthly guarantee+24hrs/day per diem for the month in YUL. I did the math and that comes out to around $2900 for the entire training event.
Hey thanks for the info, it was exactly what I was looking for!
Any time! Are you at XJET now?
Quote:
13 days of vacation are accrued your first year.
Since you would likely be hired for a class in Sept to Oct at this point in time you can count on only 3-4 days of vacation for the 2009 year.

Ex. I was hired Early sept 07 I was awarded 4 days of vacation for this year. Someone hired in first half of Dec 07 had 1 day of vacation for the 08 year. If you are hired after the 15th of a month you are not awarded a day for that month.

Also Vacation is payed at 3.5 hours per day you take not what you were scheduled to work. Ex. I had a 27 hour 5 day trip over my vacation and was only paid for (4 x 3.5) 14 hours for it. In other words I lost 13 hours of pay for taking my vacation days this year.

Yes this is a weeker point in our contract. I wish we could get it changed to an hourly build up of vacation pay not a so called daily one since we dont get paid what we were scheduled to work.
Quote: Any time! Are you at XJET now?
Naw, I'm at TSA. Trying to dodge the F-word bullet.
Quote: Since you would likely be hired for a class in Sept to Oct at this point in time you can count on only 3-4 days of vacation for the 2009 year.

Ex. I was hired Early sept 07 I was awarded 4 days of vacation for this year. Someone hired in first half of Dec 07 had 1 day of vacation for the 08 year. If you are hired after the 15th of a month you are not awarded a day for that month.

Also Vacation is payed at 3.5 hours per day you take not what you were scheduled to work. Ex. I had a 27 hour 5 day trip over my vacation and was only paid for (4 x 3.5) 14 hours for it. In other words I lost 13 hours of pay for taking my vacation days this year.

Yes this is a weeker point in our contract. I wish we could get it changed to an hourly build up of vacation pay not a so called daily one since we dont get paid what we were scheduled to work.
That's a crappy vacation deal. I guess you'd try to get a low value trip placed on your vacation then, if able? Hopefully that can be fixed on the next Compass contract.

Hey I'm curious, how senior do those five-day trips usually go, what is the average report/release time and what are they usually worth?

They must be great for commuters.
Quote: Hey I'm curious, how senior do those five-day trips usually go, what is the average report/release time and what are they usually worth?

They must be great for commuters.
There are only a few 5 day trips, mainly out of MEM. They usually worth 24-27 credits depending on which routes you have on there. Mainly the MEM-BOS-MEM until you get dizzy!
How junior is MEM (ie, how long to hold a line)? Also, any info on crash pad availability there? Got the offer yesterday and I start orientation next Friday.
MEM is the most junior. Then DTW. MSP is the most senior, but apparently people in training are holding it from what I'm hearing. At the least, you should be able to get any base you want after a month.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to