Spirit of NKS

Subscribe
52  552  952  1002  1042  1048  1049  1050  1051  1052  1053  1054  1055  1056  1062  1102  1152 
Page 1052 of 1412
Go to
Quote: Just a couple possible CS plays.

How can you tell it's moved to unpublished OT?
- You get a flica alert and the trip is gone before you can log in. Maybe you got out bid, maybe it's been moved. If a quick check on crew trac shows the trip is still unassigned, it's been moved.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to shake this black helicopter that's been following me.

Exactly. Flica won't approve a trip within 48 hours of show time, so if it comes and goes in a few minutes (inside that window), they moved it. You have to call CS and get it done manually. The last time I called on one, I was #17 in the queue. Theres no way someone could have called that fast and got it.
Quote: I don't understand, if you are seeing this. Why the F--- aren't you taking screen shots and talking to the Union. Posting on here isn't going to do ****. They need proof. If you have proof, do something for christsake

I saw Amangero in DTW the other day and asked him about this's and he said, (not quoting, forget the exact wording) but there was really no evidence that CS was doing this.
Assuming that what you observe violates the CBA.'Either- 1, the union doesnt know it's happening. Or 2, they know it's happening and havent filed a grievance. Which do you think most likely?
Quote: Whoa! Check out Joey getting fired up!

Keep in mind you have a guy full time in Miramar looking at this stuff. If they wanted to find it, it would be found. No screenshot necessary. This MEC seams to love ZERO open time. Whatever the company does to zero it out and keep you from a pickup is apparently ok with the MEC.

CS has two flavors of open trips, published and unpublished. Unpublished is where the 5% withholding allotment lives. Published is what we see in opentime.

Now, I'm not saying they would do anything nefarious down there at CS, but it is possible:

The Reach-Around

A good trip opens, CS parks it in unpub until they contact their buddy (payback for previous 'help', or to insure answering the phone in the future). CS processes the ADD, buddy gets the trip.

The Reserve Gambit

CS parks a high credit trip in unpub until within the 2 day window, then assigns it to a reserve.

Just a couple possible CS plays.

How can you tell it's moved to unpublished OT?
- You get a flica alert and the trip is gone before you can log in. Maybe you got out bid, maybe it's been moved. If a quick check on crew trac shows the trip is still unassigned, it's been moved.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to shake this black helicopter that's been following me.
Roger, ditto etc.

The helos are actually a deep dark green.
Spirit Airlines Earnings Review - Spirit Airlines (NASDAQ:SAVE) | Seeking Alpha

Top and bottom line growth for SAVE continues to look strong, and this was the 8th straight full year of profitability for the company. Revenue grew 16% for the year and 13% for the quarter. Earnings grew at an even more impressive rate, with net income up 33% for the year and 43% for the quarter. Return on investments was an impressive 30.1% pre-tax for the full year. Management's effectiveness in this area should serve as a huge boon to shareholder value going forward. SAVE finishes the year with $633 million in cash on the balance sheet, and confirmed that the company is continuing its $100 million share buyback plan, opportunistically buying shares when the CEO deems that market volatility has made the stock cheap. SAVE's cost structure and business model continues to deliver high margins that no other airline can come close to, with the 4th-quarter operating margin reaching 19.9%. Even more impressive is the company's forecast for 2015, which it estimates as falling between 24% and 29%.
Quote: Exactly. Flica won't approve a trip within 48 hours of show time, so if it comes and goes in a few minutes (inside that window), they moved it. You have to call CS and get it done manually. The last time I called on one, I was #17 in the queue. Theres no way someone could have called that fast and got it.
Is the union aware of this occurrence?

Quote: Assuming that what you observe violates the CBA.'Either- 1, the union doesnt know it's happening. Or 2, they know it's happening and havent filed a grievance. Which do you think most likely?
In good faith, I must assume that our union does not know this is happening.
If they do, they should absolutely file a grievance.
Why not get together a group of line pilots to file one?
Quote: Is the union aware of this occurrence?

Are you kidding me? $%^&^%$#it, we elect union reps to KNOW! Of course they know, for that matter the fact that it's on this forum means that they know.

Which leads us back to the original question. Are we for certain that what we see is in fact against the CBA? (I'm not arguing yes or no on that issue) If so why is the union not taking action?
Quote: Is the union aware of this occurrence?

They know, but by all means, file an NCC and see what happens. No MEC support = no teeth. The only reason an NCC or a full blown grievance has any effect on the company is the threat of arbitration, and you can't go to arbitration with out the MEC. The only thing that has any effect on the MEC is the threat of removal from office. Bottom line, if the MEC doesn't want it, it isn't going to happen. This lack of enforcement is the result of having an MEC that averages two big goose-steps to the left of Marx.
79.2% of eligible pilots voted and 70% in favor to 30% against the LOA.
Bohica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was a no, but have to move on.
52  552  952  1002  1042  1048  1049  1050  1051  1052  1053  1054  1055  1056  1062  1102  1152 
Page 1052 of 1412
Go to