Spirit of NKS

Subscribe
200  250  290  296  297  298  299  300  301  302  303  304  310  350  400  800  1300 
Page 300 of 1412
Go to
Quote: Year one was a break even deal for me, and I worked slightly less. If your pay went down with the new contract then you must have been one of the few who had the privilege of junior assignment beyond the limitations of the contract.
You know me TTOCSMCC and you know I work very little. I've had fewer than five junior assignments in 12 years. I did however, pick up a day or two of time and a half ever so often. I lost in year one, and will break even in year two.

But that's not the point. We didn't raise the bar even after a strike and that's the subject/question I answered. Your answer proves that, you admit that year one was break even.
Quote: You know me TTOCSMCC and you know I work very little. I've had fewer than five junior assignments in 12 years. I did however, pick up a day or two of time and a half ever so often. I lost in year one, and will break even in year two.

But that's not the point. We didn't raise the bar even after a strike and that's the subject/question I answered. Your answer proves that, you admit that year one was break even.
Are we really going to do this again?

Cash was "Redistributed" (109 chair's words) from those that want to work, to those that would rather sit on their arss. Period. If you work OT, you will make less this year, if you fly the min, you get a bump. Analysis complete. It really IS that easy.
Quote: So why did the Spirit pilots strike, then vote in the 1st TA given them, that was below industry average? They had the power of self help and didn't rise the bar for the rest of us!
When was the last time a 35 a/c outfit raised the bar for the rest of the industry? Are you joking?
Quote: So why did the Spirit pilots strike, then vote in the 1st TA given them, that was below industry average?
The 'strategy' of sending pilots back to work prior to the pilots even seeing the TA (let alone voting on it) certainly neutered most of the strategic advantage the pilots had, it would seem.

Looking just @ payrates (not a good analysis, but all I could do @ the time), here's the #'s from just after signing the TA last year:
  • Spirit's average new DOS payscale for CA's lags industry average CA pay by 11.6%.
  • Spirit's average new DOS payscale for FO's lags industry average FO pay by 20.4%.
  • Spirit's average new DOS+4 payscale for CA's leads industry average CA pay by 7.0%.
  • Spirit's average new DOS+4 payscale for FO's lags industry average FO pay by 2.6%.
Go here for the complete post.
Quote: [*]Spirit's average new DOS+4 payscale for CA's leads industry average CA pay by 7.0%.[*]Spirit's average new DOS+4 payscale for FO's lags industry average FO pay by 2.6%.[/LIST]Go here for the complete post.
DOS+4 years Spirit CA rates lead the industry by 7% and FO rates lag by 2.6%!? Well that's great, since the industry is currently working under under EXPIRED BANKRUPTCY contracts! Again thank you ALPA!
Quote: DOS+4 years Spirit CA rates lead the industry by 7% and FO rates lag by 2.6%!? Well that's great, since the industry is currently working under under EXPIRED BANKRUPTCY contracts! Again thank you ALPA!
Don't thank ALPA... thank those Mu-slime guys and the Lawyers, that pray in the synagogue who ran the "contracts" through the courts

Without looking over NK's contract and only looking through a "straw" at the pay rate you won't see the "value" of the contract.

Make sure you 12k + "Widgets" get an industry leading contract: A rising tide lifts all ships!
Our new A320 coming this November is scheduled to be delivered on November 15th. Next one is in December. 7 scheduled for next year for a delivery date in January, February, March, May, June, September and October. 7 scheduled for 2013.
Quote: DOS+4 years Spirit CA rates lead the industry by 7% and FO rates lag by 2.6%!? Well that's great, since the industry is currently working under under EXPIRED BANKRUPTCY contracts! Again thank you ALPA!

I am not a single issue voter like yourself. (ie pay scale) my work rules are better than yours. I traded a small amount of money for quality of life for myself. Which means I cast my vote for what works for me. Not you. Your contract is your contract. I had nothing to do with it.
Quote: I am not a single issue voter like yourself. (ie pay scale) my work rules are better than yours. I traded a small amount of money for quality of life for myself. Which means I cast my vote for what works for me. Not you. Your contract is your contract. I had nothing to do with it.
This is what we are dealing with. Note the attitude. It never occurred to these guys they could have both money and a marginally better QOL.
The MEC scared these guys with a great unknown "If you vote this down, we are in no-man's land". I'll ask again, since nobody (MEC or otherwise) will answer. Why the heck would our high caliber ALPA attorney put together a back to work agreement without specifying a contingency for a failed ratification?
There are about 10 pilots outside the MEC (most of which post here frequently) that think this is a good deal, and voted FOR the CBA. The rest were scared into it, or voted NO. Don't try and make it sound like this CBA has massive support.
Quote: This is what we are dealing with. Note the attitude. It never occurred to these guys they could have both money and a marginally better QOL.
The MEC scared these guys with a great unknown "If you vote this down, we are in no-man's land". I'll ask again, since nobody (MEC or otherwise) will answer. Why the heck would our high caliber ALPA attorney put together a back to work agreement without specifying a contingency for a failed ratification?
There are about 10 pilots outside the MEC (most of which post here frequently) that think this is a good deal, and voted FOR the CBA. The rest were scared into it, or voted NO. Don't try and make it sound like this CBA has massive support.
I never said it was the best thing since sliced bread. I said it worked for me. I am not scared in the slightest. Never was. And once again, your trying to spin this like I'm some kind of alpa cheerleader. I am not. I was very clear that I voted for myself and nobody else. If it doesn't work for you, better luck next time.
200  250  290  296  297  298  299  300  301  302  303  304  310  350  400  800  1300 
Page 300 of 1412
Go to